Monitors - any difference in quality?

toast1

Certainly worth paying more to get a better monitor. I recently bought a Xiaomi Mi 34, which i was lucky to get for 9,100 baht. Great wide screen and 3440 x 1440 resolution. If you are going to use the monitor for say 5 years the extra cost per day is peanuts.

34 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Certainly worth paying more to get a better monitor. I recently bought a Xiaomi Mi 34, which i was lucky to get for 9,100 baht. Great wide screen and 3440 x 1440 resolution. If you are going to use the monitor for say 5 years the extra cost per day is peanuts.

My 24 inch TV was about 2700 baht, resolution is 1920 x 1080 but I use it on 1440 x 900.

If something is good enough for what you want you would have to explain why it is worth paying more.

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Where from as great price?

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

My 24 inch TV was about 2700 baht, resolution is 1920 x 1080 but I use it on 1440 x 900.

If something is good enough for what you want you would have to explain why it is worth paying more.

yes true ! if you are ok to be seen in a Toyota you do not need to buy a benz !

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Where from as great price?

I always buy from Lazada but you have to wait for their monthly sales 7/7, 8/8, 9/9 etc when you can sometimes get 2-3000 baht off.

Edited by Henryford
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

Fair enough it that is OK for you. But put those two monitors side by side and ask yourself is it worth an extra 3 baht a day. For me it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Fair enough it that is OK for you. But put those two monitors side by side and ask yourself is it worth an extra 3 baht a day. For me it is.

Sounds like a second hand car salesman, the reality is forking out an additional 6K there and then, for what exactly.

As someone else has pointed out, my Kia served me very well for many years, I did not need a Merc.

I need a new monitor too. My Acer develops waves at the surface. Anyone ever seen something like this? Cleaned it always without liquid - just with a microfiber tissue. It came within a couple of weeks and gets worse and worse. In addition it gets big grey/white areas where nothing can be seen anymore. Perhaps time to replace it... ????

Since I like deep blacks (I am used to it because all my mobile devices have AMOLED) I think it might be a good idea to buy a VA model. I am looking for 24 inch. Does anybody have a recommendation? Is it safe to buy something like this on Lazada - there are not many on display in the shops like years ago. 

I am worried now already to get one with bad pixels... In the shops I could check this before I bought it. 

16262311342670.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I bought an Acer  KA272BI 27”, checking the specs they seemed to be the same as others in this price range or higher.

Though, I notice that prices go up and down. 

Some 27" were much more expensive, I didn't know if it was worth paying more. I'm only using it for office use, but my eyes get tired.

I compared the specs available online, such as resolution, but am not so informed about these things.

I usually get mid-range and upgrade every 2 years, selling the old one, as technological improvements move so fast. 

It was not expensive, and I remember paying 36,000bt for a 17" glass screen 30 years ago, and thinking it was a good deal. How times have changed.

Thank you

On 7/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, Mario666 said:

Well they mostly look the same to me!

But, I guess some are better than others???

Huge, 'Godzilla-like' monitor lizard spotted in California - CSMonitor.com

You can't tell from photos but there are in fact two types, a land one and a water one.

11 hours ago, Mario666 said:

It was joke mate!...Not a David Attenborough quotation!

:thumbsup:

I was tongue in cheek by being over exacting. It is so TV for someone "Thaier than the Thai" to come in and point that out. I amazed I was the only one/nobody beat me to it.

Edited by mokwit