Children who test Covid Positive = 14 day hospital ?

don't get tested.

don't give permission to be hospitalised.

in bangkok and around home quarantine. 

some were refusing to be hospitalised already in april. I think they were not penalised in any way. Mind, they were affluent. Poor are gladly going for hospitalisation, because they can't do proper quarantine at home 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

Poor are gladly going for hospitalisation, because they can't do proper quarantine at home 

Really? I suspect not when "hospitalisation" means a tent under an expressway in Klong Toey.  (One of the English language papers has a photograph of the tents.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

still - even if no beds, they have distancing and some privacy. They have medics there, medicines, basic equipment, testing, food, toilets and electricity. Each tent has a small fan. They don't have to be at home and infect their family and neighbours.

Getting into field hospital is the only way to eventually go into proper hospital.

Now it's even lucky to find space at field hospitals.

For those with money or insurance, there are hospitels. I would think they are also full now, nobody mentions them anymore

17 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

If a child tests positive for Covid, do they also get whisked away to a hospital for 14 days?

If yes, then for all ages of children?

Like a 2 year old showing no symptoms will get taken away from their parents for 14 days?

Can you share what you're on about?

Are you talking about sandboxers with children?

Or parents who bring their child in for a test?

Or the random two-year old who walks into a testing facility (with or without a priest and a rabbi)?

5 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

does anyone actually know the answer to my original question?

I saw a news item on Facebook today (cannot find it now). It showed children in Khon Kaen being released from quarantines after their teacher tested positive.  The entire class was kept in quarantine.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, STD Warehouse said:

If a child tests positive for Covid, do they also get whisked away to a hospital for 14 days?

Like a 2 year old showing no symptoms will get taken away from their parents for 14 days?

If that sounds unacceptable, don't come to Thailand with your children.  I would NEVER come here with my children.  Ever.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, STD Warehouse said:

Yes  I saw a news clip on Thai Tv of  a 6 year old boy  being taken away from his family by health officials in full white hazmat suits.

20 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share what you're on about?

Are you talking about sandboxers with children?

Or parents who bring their child in for a test?

Or the random two-year old who walks into a testing facility (with or without a priest and a rabbi)?

Im talking about children who are Thai nationals and live in Thailand. Its my understanding that adults must be admitted to a hospital (or field hospital) for 14 days.

So my question is does the same apply to thai national children?

13 hours ago, connda said:

If that sounds unacceptable, don't come to Thailand with your children.  I would NEVER come here with my children.  Ever.

Im not coming to Thailand, Ive Iived here 17 years, I just cant find any information about if thai children must be admitted to hospital as thai adults must be if positive for covid.

43 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Im talking about children who are Thai nationals and live in Thailand. Its my understanding that adults must be admitted to a hospital (or field hospital) for 14 days.

With some quick research your question, like so many here, is challenging to universally address.

With that case in Khon Kaen, children's care home (day car I'm guessing?), 30 children, the youngest age 2, I've seen no follow up.

The MoPH has approved a Home Isolation policy, as of a few weeks ago. No clue where that stands as far as implementation.

Some parents have been offered the option to accompany their child(ren) into isolation. Google this: SUMATI SIVASIAMPHAI Why wasn't home isolation in the plan?

So the policy is changing, and given the individual leeway provinces are given, my advice would be for you to check with your provincial or district health office to get up to speed on their policy.

since yesterday home quarantine allowed in all provinces.

The government will reimburse for medical care and equipment up to 2k per day.

If you only have conditions for self isolation at home, to it that way.

Field hospitals, or even hospitals with  multi beds rooms, are not the most relaxing places. The more people, the bigger chance of catching yet another strain of covid, other viruses, bacteria, fungi.

Check, if insurance do cover kids. There was one from rabbit finance which was giving cash 200k (I thing later on this policy was reduced to 100k) on tested positive. 

7 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

It would appear yes.  The B****** P*** newspaper today (page 9) carries the story of two young children (2 & 4) who tested positive for the virus.  They were required to quarantine in an hospitel for 14 days.  Their parents were allowed to accompany them (though the article makes that sound like a special privilege).  It's unclear from the article whether the two children were in separate rooms or not.