Engagement Suggestions?

ShaneWhite

Hello, my name is Shane, I’m from Northern Ireland and I am based in Thailand. I wanted to propose to my girlfriend but need a few ring suggestions, does anyone have any from experience as I am looking for a slightly larger sized ring, but as cheap as possible, preferably below 20,000 krone (100,000 baht). Please advise!

I got my wedding rings (18k white gold) in Thailand this year for 10K baht each at some big mall in BKK, these shops are everywhere.
Paying much more than that is completely unnecessary in my opinion, to each his own though of course.

Can recommend Nina Gems in Amarin plaza on the 3rd floor if you are in Bangkok and who deal with a lot of foreigners.

http://www.amarinplaza.com/en/stores/3rd Floor/nina-gems

When I lost my wedding band I shopped around everywhere in Bangkok to find a reasonably priced 18ct gold replacement of similar shape. Eventually settled on Nina Gems. They had some rings in the show cabinet but were not suitable and then they offered to make up 3 ring samples which were ready after 1 week. I selected and paid for one of them. The price was very reasonable and the old couple owners/working there were friendly and accommodating.

Edited by userabcd

On 7/13/2021 at 4:21 PM, ShaneWhite said:

Ohh, no I meant I want to propose to her with that ring, she didn't ask. Would you happen to know of any local shops or stores?

I know that. Why don't you just ask her?

Most Thai girls I've known are not into western style romance. If they get a ring, they are more interested in how much they can sell it for, IMO.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, tifino said:

always a risk getting a Ring that she hasn't 'Ordered' you to get...  

I got into trouble buying something she couldn't eat...

Yup, food is always "big" with Thai women I've known. My wife must have put hundreds of photos of her food on the facethingy.

Most Thai ladies aren't interested in western style rings, they are more impressed with Thai gold bracelets, the bigger the baht the better and will be happy with 1-2 baht.  Like other have said about them selling it, after a while they will want to trade in their bracelet for a different style and possibly bigger baht. 

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1