cost to transfer bike name with tax and insurance

Regain

The transfer fee is 200THB + 0.5% of the value, or something like this, thus a few hundred Baht should cover it. A bit extra in case you need new license plates.

Insurance 300-650THB, depending on the CC of the bike, tax 100THB. About 1000 all in if it's a 125cc bike, maybe a bit over that if it's 150cc.

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

The transfer fee is 200THB + 0.5% of the value, or something like this, thus a few hundred Baht should cover it. A bit extra in case you need new license plates.

Insurance 300-650THB, depending on the CC of the bike, tax 100THB. About 1000 all in if it's a 125cc bike, maybe a bit over that if it's 150cc.

1 hour ago, milys said:

I did it some years ago but I don't remember how much so I guess it was cheap enough for me to forget about it.

Does that make things clearer ?

Forget about it,just remember the name in green book when the DLT shouts out to collect book after test,or just show receipt for test >   Good to have test tho,make sure the numbers are the same bike/book

Agents usually take a look at you, your clothes, your bike, see if you can say anything in Thai, how long you lived here,  etc. etc. then they decide how much they want to charge you, it's not fixed....!

If you don't want to do it yourself, ask at least a few agents/dealer shops, and haggle hard...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, milys said:

I did it some years ago but I don't remember how much so I guess it was cheap enough for me to forget about it.

Does that make things clearer ?

Not really, i was asking about using an agent. ????

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently bought a 3 yr old big bike in Bangkok, price B 343K, had green book put in my name, changed province plate and cost was B 4,700.

You did this trough an agent, right?

The fees charged by the DLT should have been slightly above 2000THB.

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

You did this trough an agent, right?

The fees charged by the DLT should have been slightly above 2000THB.

No agent, just me armed with sellers paperwork. Just looked at the receipt and it just says 4700 tbh. I recently sold a big bike 650cc, a 2020 model and cost was 3000 tbh for buyer. Maybe transfer to different province costs more, don't know.

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No agent, just me armed with sellers paperwork. Just looked at the receipt and it just says 4700 tbh. I recently sold a big bike 650cc, a 2020 model and cost was 3000 tbh for buyer. Maybe transfer to different province costs more, don't know.

It says only "4700", no details? Is it printed or hand written?

I just looked up the fees, they are supposed to be:

https://prakanmart.net/transfer-car/

Application fee: 5THB

Transfer fee: 100THB

Stamp duty: 500THB per 100k value (it's 0.5%)

New license plates (If required): 200THB (Other sources say 100THB, I assume motorbike 100THB, car 200THB)

New book (If required, old book full or damaged or whatever): 100THB

The fees match what I remember from my past experiences.

So for your 334k bike you should have been charged 5+100+(334000*0.5%)+100 = 1875THB.

Edited by jackdd

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It says only "4700", no details? Is it printed or hand written?

I just looked up the fees, they are supposed to be:

https://prakanmart.net/transfer-car/

Application fee: 5THB

Transfer fee: 100THB

Stamp duty: 500THB per 100k value (it's 0.5%)

New license plates (If required): 200THB (Other sources say 100THB, I assume motorbike 100THB, car 200THB)

New book (If required, old book full or damaged or whatever): 100THB

The fees match what I remember from my past experiences.

So for your 334k bike you should have been charged 5+100+(334000*0.5%)+100 = 1875THB.

Printed, official looking. Both places I dealt with (Chonburi and Rayong) charged more than your list. 

Does size cc of bike make a difference?

The big bike I sold was a 2020 650 price was 160,000 tbh and the place charged 3000 tbh in Chonburi.

Edited by EVENKEEL

20 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Printed, official looking. Both places I dealt with (Chonburi and Rayong) charged more than your list. 

Does size cc of bike make a difference?

The big bike I sold was a 2020 650 price was 160,000 tbh and the place charged 3000 tbh in Chonburi.

From what I know the only thing that charges more for cc is the CTPL.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Not sure, but if transferring to a different province maybe there is a different charge for big bikes - don't hold me to it though, check.....555 

13 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Not sure, but if transferring to a different province maybe there is a different charge for big bikes - don't hold me to it though, check.....555 

Well my scoot and wave was 540 baht for over five years test, road disc and CTPL. 

My Blade was 870 baht for test etc. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah, I don't know. What I do know is I was ecstatic that all seller's paperwork was in order and there was no hitch in putting bike in my name. I was expecting the worst. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah, I don't know. What I do know is I was ecstatic that all seller's paperwork was in order and there was no hitch in putting bike in my name. I was expecting the worst. 

Yeah I know what y'all mean you do get some weird answers on TVF. 

To be fair as known by most not all DLT's are same. 

So if you really want to know what's what just go to your local DLT. 

Our local DLT are so helpful. 

My 28 year not running old bike I bought and finding out it had not been on the road for 6.1/2 years and was still owed by a Thai motorbike shops on Kho Samui.

Everyone condemned it 555 took it DLT they sorted it all out job done. 

• Haha 1

Our DLT in Chaing Mai very helpful also.

Two nice ladies in the main office, and a nice older guy in the inspection area.

Ladies speak good English, guy not so much but can be understood.

Dress nicely, long pants and long sleeved shirt. Speak nicely - smooth as silk