Funds For Visa

Regarding the deposit of funds for a retirement visa. Can the deposit be made into HSBC Bangkok or does it have to be a Thai bank like SCB?

Hsbc does at least offer 4% on deposits. Not much, but better than the Thai banks.

Also for the marriage visa, does your proof of income have to be given to the Thai immigration staff or are you just swearing to your embassy staff and obtaining a certification letter? Anyone with recent experience with the US embassy in this matter please let me know how it went.

Obviously I am undecided about which visa route to go. I am confused by the marriage/support requirements. Lump sum AND monthly??

Regarding the deposit of funds for a retirement visa. Can the deposit be made into HSBC Bangkok or does it have to be a Thai bank like SCB?

Hsbc does at least offer 4% on deposits. Not much, but better than the Thai banks.

Also for the marriage visa, does your proof of income have to be given to the Thai immigration staff or are you just swearing to your embassy staff and obtaining a certification letter? Anyone with recent experience with the US embassy in this matter please let me know how it went.

Obviously I am undecided about which visa route to go. I am confused by the marriage/support requirements. Lump sum AND monthly??

HSBC in Thailand is OK

Income 'proof' is in the form of a letter from your Embassy given to immigration. Each Embassy have their own requirements but believe US Embassy only ask you to fill in a form without asking for evidence.

Maariage suppot is only income no combination with lump sum

HSBC in Thailand is OK

Income 'proof' is in the form of a letter from your Embassy given to immigration. Each Embassy have their own requirements but believe US Embassy only ask you to fill in a form without asking for evidence.

Maariage suppot is only income no combination with lump sum

Thanks!

Yeah, the US embassy document for my marriage was a real tough one. Are you married?

No.

Here's your document. Pay the fee. :o