Online TM30 - Update entry with new passport?

Has anyone come across a way to do this or is it a trip to Immigration.  I went for a Certificate of Residence recently with a new passport and, while the IO wasn't bothered as such (e.g. she said just do it online when you get the time), she did ask if I had updated my TM30 having re-entered the country (numerous times) since the original paper report was done at CW 5 years ago.  As it happens I had started doing it on the TM30 app and was able to show her the screen following the update corresponding with my Last stamp.  The only issue (again, the IO didn't make it one) was that the TM30 entry contains my old passport number and the TM6 number.  I asked her what to do about it and she just said continue to use it (which I suspect was a 'get rid of the problem I don't know the answer to' response).

Has anyone come across this before?  I did ponder effectively just registering again with the new passport but I'm not sure if there's a way to delete the old entry.  I was also concerned it would create some glitch with the TM6 number being registered with another entry.  Ideally there would be an update passport option on the existing entry but I can't find a way to do it.

I cannot see a problem using your new passport and TM6 numbers to do new online TM30 report using the same registration for the online site.

There is no longer a requirement to do a new TM30 report everytime you enter the country unless you enter with a new visa. Other than entering the country with new visa the only time one is required is if you change your address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot see a problem using your new passport and TM6 numbers to do new online TM30 report using the same registration for the online site.

There is no longer a requirement to do a new TM30 report everytime you enter the country unless you enter with a new visa. Other than entering the country with new visa the only time one is required is if you change your address.

Thanks, this was my understanding too TBH, returning with a multiple re-entry stamp on an extension issued on the same original visa doesn't require a new TM30 unless you move address, this is in line with what I was told by an IO supervisor at CW years back.  That's why I was a bit surprised when the staffer told me I should update the paper TM30 that was still in my old passport, following my last re-entry last year.  That said, I'm long past actually expecting staff to always give you the correct information, as opposed to what they just think.  Given the TM30 process was so simple on the app though I have still been doing them, just in case.  

I might try a new entry just to get the passport details lined up, the only snag I can think of is using the TM6 where, IIRC, it says you must make the entry within 24 (or 48) hours of your date of entry.  It's so long since I've looked at the site I can't really recall.

what ? when is this TM30 report to be done ?

Last time I left Thailand was May 2013, did a TM 30, renewed my Passport end of 2019, I just put that 2013  TM 30 in the new Passport, no one has questioned it on my Yearly Extensions..

Is this correct ?

Certificate of Residence, always do at the local Town Hall, as I have been on there computers since 2004, very easy + it is Free, just take the local head man for the Villages that signs some paper.

16 minutes ago, ignis said:

Last time I left Thailand was May 2013, did a TM 30, renewed my Passport end of 2019, I just put that 2013  TM 30 in the new Passport, no one has questioned it on my Yearly Extensions..

Is this correct ?

It is correct since your stamps were transferred to the new passport.

A new one is only needed now it you change addresses.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It is correct since your stamps were transferred to the new passport.

A new one is only needed now it you change addresses.

Thanks,  change addresses will not happen as had the house built in 2003 and no wish to move