Registering for the Songkhla Vaccination Programme

Stocky

I've now managed to get myself accepted in the Thai vaccination system, and registered locally for the Songkhla vaccination programme, and awaiting an appointment slot for my first jab. I don't have a Thai ID number, I'm here on a non-O marriage extension but previous attempts to get a yellow book and pink ID card have failed, so registration has been somewhat problematic.

So to do this you need the help of a local hospital, I'm a patient at Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai and they're the ones who helped me register, I'm assuming other hospitals can help in the same way, but I may be wrong. I signed up with the Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai 'health mate' Line account over a month ago to ask about vaccination. 

Line@BHHhealthmate

Initially they said they could help me sign up with the government Moh Prom app which is needed to register for vaccination. The hospital is able to generate the 13 digit ID number you need, however, before I could do this the system went down. The hospital recently contacted me to say the system was now working again so they could help me sign-up.

With your personal details the hospital can generate a 13 digit 'Citizen' ID number for you, armed with this you need to install the Moh Prom app via Line, just scan the QR code below. Note there is no English language option so you may need some assistance.

1496707844_QR_.jpg.e8b0d9c1034030a1dc127b34c6311287.jpg

Once installed you can register your details Given Names, Surname, 13 digit ID and Date of Birth (Thai calendar). Select the second option citizen card type as a magnetic card to complete registration. 

1543542169_00_Covid_BakerII.thumb.jpg.9aab68c7fc703afc135487e654c93b39.jpg

To register for the Songkhla vaccination programme you need to go to the following website:

https://healthcare.skho.moph.go.th/

Click on the first icon with the picture of a syringe which will take you to vaccination enrolment page.

556602015_00_Covid_Tutorial3.jpg.69bb9c6e1e7fcb3ba8a6d7edc3a95633.jpg

Enter your details starting with your 13 digit ID, Name, Address, Phone No etc. Again there is no English language version so you will probably need help. Once through the personal and contact details you can select a vaccination point, Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai directed me to the one they run which is at the Senanarong Camp near PSU. 

Once completed they say you will be notified of your appointment date via the Moh Prom Line app. But you can also check your status here:

https://healthcare.skho.moph.go.th/vaccine-covid19/check.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received notification today via the Moh Prom Line app of my first appointment for later this week. I'm assuming I'll be on Sinovac + AZ which I saw in Hat Yai Today is the approved dosage for 60 to 70 year olds, 70+ get 2x AZ.

I have got appointment for jab on 04/08/2021 through this process but through Hat Yai Hospital. They are giving jabs at Central. Be a bit disappointed if Sinovac is offered for first jab as I am not too sure about this mixing of vaccines. Has anyone got any info on how safe this really is? I don't want to turn the jab down because it has been hard to arrange but I don't want to endanger my health either!

3 hours ago, Ozbod said:

Has anyone got any info on how safe this really is?

There isn't much data on it. From what I understand during the Thai vaccination programme there have been 1,200 instances, either because of allergic reaction to the initial dose or through shortages, where the Sinovac and AZ vaccines have been given instead of two jabs of the same vaccine. In none of these instances was there any adverse reaction. Additionally, studies of antibody counts from 40 individuals show the combined vaccines gave better protection than 2x Sinovac, though less protection than 2x AZ.

In other vaccine combinations elsewhere in the world, notably the UK and Canada where AZ has been mixed with Pfizer, there have been few side effects and the combined vaccine has resulted in a stronger immune response.

Whilst I would prefer 2x AZ, I'm happier with 1x Sinovac + 1x AZ, rather than 2x Sinovac. I consider the risk minimal compared to the valuable boost in immune response. But that's my choice and I understand everyone perceives relative risk differently. 

Thanks, that has been really helpful. I think with the current vaccine shortage and the increased numbers of infections and deaths from the delta virus infer that being lucky enough to get vaccinated asap is a preferred. I hope the appointments stay in place as in the local Hat Yai news it was also reported that appointments through Bangkok Hospital were cancelled from 2 - 6 August

42 minutes ago, Ozbod said:

Thanks, that has been really helpful. I think with the current vaccine shortage and the increased numbers of infections and deaths from the delta virus infer that being lucky enough to get vaccinated asap is a preferred. I hope the appointments stay in place as in the local Hat Yai news it was also reported that appointments through Bangkok Hospital were cancelled from 2 - 6 August

My appointment through Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai was today changed from 2021-08-02 to 2021-07-30.

4 hours ago, Ozbod said:

I have got appointment for jab on 04/08/2021 through this process but through Hat Yai Hospital. They are giving jabs at Central. Be a bit disappointed if Sinovac is offered for first jab as I am not too sure about this mixing of vaccines. Has anyone got any info on how safe this really is? I don't want to turn the jab down because it has been hard to arrange but I don't want to endanger my health either!

Consult Lancer Oxford

Got my first jab today, was in and out within 45 minutes including the 15 minutes wait after the jab. I was given AstraZeneca, and will get a second shot of the same in ten weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SMS from Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai today informing me that my 2nd vaccination appointment has been postponed, awaiting allocation of vaccines from government.

I hope the delay isn't too long.

5 hours ago, Stocky said:

SMS from Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai today informing me that my 2nd vaccination appointment has been postponed, awaiting allocation of vaccines from government.

I hope the delay isn't too long.

Yeah, I got the same message too.

Interestingly, though, nothing has changed in the Mor Prom app as it still shows my original appointment date 2021-10-08.

I checked with the BHH Line app and got the following:

Dear Sir, If you have the appointment on 08 Oct 2021 , we confirmed that the second vaccination was postponed.

When we're have allocated vaccines from the government, we will keep you informed very soon. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Thankfully Hat Yai isn't Pattaya.

Anyway, this has all been superseded by the ExpatVac registration website.

Edited by Stocky

21 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Thankfully Hat Yai isn't Pattaya.

Anyway, this has all been superseded by the ExpatVac registration website.

I have had my first injection and have an appointment for my second. However, I would like to access Mor Prom and would like clarification in how to do so. You got help from BH..I would like help also regarding generating the 13 digit number

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I would like help also regarding generating the 13 digit number

If you couldn't get the hospital to generate one for you, then the other options would be:

• getting a yellow book and pink card, though having tried this in Hat Yai (and failed) it's not at all easy and seems to be a lottery dependent on where you live
  • registering for a tax number, this appears to be the easier option (though I've not tried). The tax office should issue you one if you live here long term and say you need it to claim tax back on investments in your home country

On 10/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, nrasmussen said:

Yeah, I got the same message too.

Interestingly, though, nothing has changed in the Mor Prom app as it still shows my original appointment date 2021-10-08.

My Mor Prom app now shows 2021-10-21, so hopefully that will be the day.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, nrasmussen said:

My Mor Prom app now shows 2021-10-21, so hopefully that will be the day.

Got confirmation via BHH Line for 21 Oct 2021 but note it's not at the Senanarong Camp Club, the location has been switched to Convention Room, 4th floor, Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Got confirmation via BHH Line for 21 Oct 2021 but note it's not at the Senanarong Camp Club, the location has been switched to Convention Room, 4th floor, Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai.

That's encouraging. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll get a confirmation soon, too.

31 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Hopefully I'll get a confirmation soon

I contacted them via Line, initially they just said to follow the Songkhla Vaccination website advise, then they sent another message confirming the date and pointing out the venue had changed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stocky said:

I contacted them via Line, initially they just said to follow the Songkhla Vaccination website advise, then they sent another message confirming the date and pointing out the venue had changed. 

I asked them about it right now and they replied that 2021-10-21 was a tentative date as they haven't yet received any vaccines, but they hoped to do so at the beginning of next week and that they will confirm the appointment date when they do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nrasmussen said:

they replied that 2021-10-21 was a tentative date

Splendid, I guess as they said first off to me "follow the Songkhla Vaccination website advise" ~ and keep your fingers & toes crossed.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, nrasmussen said:

I asked them about it right now and they replied that 2021-10-21 was a tentative date as they haven't yet received any vaccines, but they hoped to do so at the beginning of next week and that they will confirm the appointment date when they do.

Just now received confirmation (SMS) of appointment 2021-10-21 15:00 at Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai.

• Like 1