Covid in Surat Thani

seajae

Our daughter is trainong to be a doctor in the Surat Thani govt hospital, all the staff had their shots(chinese vaccines) but now doctors and nurses are coming down with covid, she has told us we cant go near her and also that one of the big stores has also had to close to be cleaned due to workers with covid. As yet we still have not been informed of any local hospitals(private & govt) taking bookings for vaccines, we were booked into a private hospital in Bangkok as family of a doctor there, we paid the costs(moderna) and a few days later they called and said because I am not thai I was removed from the list. Between the total incompetence of the govt and the racism towards farangs I seriously doubt non thais will be able to get a vaccine  anytime soon

"Coming down with covid" means what...are they literally coming down on the floor, died, or getting sick?

You can try to do what the Thais in the know from Surat Thani were doing..jump the queue and come to Koh Samui for vaccination. The authorities however may have tightened the residency requirements.

20 hours ago, gearbox said:

"Coming down with covid" means what...are they literally coming down on the floor, died, or getting sick?

You can try to do what the Thais in the know from Surat Thani were doing..jump the queue and come to Koh Samui for vaccination. The authorities however may have tightened the residency requirements.

already looked at that, unless you have connections it wont happen, we tried to get on the list but they are taking locals only, mates wife got her shot(had the right connections) but they wouldnt give him one as he is not thai or local. Coming down with covid is exactly that, they are getting infected with it, the  chinese vaccines given to all the medical staff were not what they were made out to be and are doing <deleted> all to stop it.

Edited by seajae

50 minutes ago, seajae said:

already looked at that, unless you have connections it wont happen, we tried to get on the list but they are taking locals only, mates wife got her shot(had the right connections) but they wouldnt give him one as he is not thai or local. Coming down with covid is exactly that, they are getting infected with it, the  chinese vaccines given to all the medical staff were not what they were made out to be and are doing <deleted> all to stop it.

Doesn't look like there is anything you can do. If you are that desperate and want to pay some money, get a short lease in Samui with written agreement (you can rent a room for as little as 2-3K and bungalow 5-6k per month), then try to go with the paper to the Samui health centers and register for a jab.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gearbox said:

Doesn't look like there is anything you can do. If you are that desperate and want to pay some money, get a short lease in Samui with written agreement (you can rent a room for as little as 2-3K and bungalow 5-6k per month), then try to go with the paper to the Samui health centers and register for a jab.

actually wife came home yesterday and said she had booked me(and paid) into the local thaksin private hospital for a moderna vaccine once they are available so I will wait, apparently 5 from her office were booked in at the same time, thanks for the information though.