Return to Phuket

marvin1950

I obtained a retirement extension from Immigration in Phuket and live in Phuket, however I have been in  Nongkhai since March. I have not been vaccinated nor have I been tested for Covid 19. What do I need to do to go back to Phuket.

PS: my 90 day reporting is due July 31.  My previous report I did online. I go through last time, lucky I guess.

I fly from Udon Thani, but difficult to get a domestic flight that does not get cancelled.

Air Asia does not have any flights for July.

skipping ur 90 day report in Phuket, ( if you can't do it online) will only cost ya 2,000 baht ( 1,000 without  receipt)
so dont sweat it till you can get your shots

NOW you need both shots AND the negative test

• Like 1

Only coming to Phuket for 90 day reporting...!!? If so I don't think that's a requirement, you can report to any immigration office in any province, It doesn't have to be where extension or visa issued - that's what I think anyway...

8 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Only coming to Phuket for 90 day reporting...!!? If so I don't think that's a requirement, you can report to any immigration office in any province, It doesn't have to be where extension or visa issued - that's what I think anyway...

WRONG
has to be where extension was issued>
always has been , always will be

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

WRONG
has to be where extension was issued>
always has been , always will be

I didn't know, so how about if you travel and stay somewhere else for a while...!? You can't do that...., I thought hotels report your location, and you can register your new address too...

Just checked this with someone who works at immigration. If stay in a different province than where retirement extension was issued for a long period of time, must register your address with local immigration of that province . Then do 90 day reporting with them going forward....

Short stay and holidays no longer need address registration there and/or upon return...(I think they asked for this a while back, but subsequently cancelled it).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

I didn't know, so how about if you travel and stay somewhere else for a while...!? You can't do that...., I thought hotels report your location, and you can register your new address too...

than you need file a new TM 30 and that will be your registered address<
if you than returned to phuket, you would need file another TM30 

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, eyup said:

Phuket news has all the latest requirements in their "Phuket Covid19 " section

Link? I don't see anything about both a vaccine and negative test being required for entry.

2 minutes ago, alw22 said:

Okay, so it's only for arrivals from red zones.  Orange and yellow zones still only need a test.

You want me to read it for you too?     Here's another link for you!  Oh and thank you for the thank you!

enter phuket.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eyup said:

You want me to read it for you too?     Here's another link for you!  Oh and thank you for the thank you!

enter phuket.jpeg

Actually yes, I wouldn't mind you reading it for me because that picture is too small and blurry.

The article to which you linked says exactly what I said:

Arrivals from ‘Yellow’ or ‘Orange’ zones

For people who start their journey to Phuket from the remaining zones or provinces designated as ‘yellow’ or ‘orange’ COVID-control areas ‒ including Phang Nga ‒ the same rules of entry currently in effect today will still apply after Thursday.

As such, all arrivals from yellow or orange zones must be ‘fully vaccinated’ (or received one injection of the AstraZeneca vaccine) at least 14 days before arriving, or they must have been discharged from hospital from recovering from COVID-19 no more than 90 days before arriving.

Alternatively, instead of proving the above, they may provide evidence that they tested negative for the virus through an RT-PCR test or an Antigen Test no more than seven days before travelling to Phuket.

4 hours ago, alw22 said:

Actually yes, I wouldn't mind you reading it for me because that picture is too small and blurry.

The article to which you linked says exactly what I said:

Arrivals from ‘Yellow’ or ‘Orange’ zones

For people who start their journey to Phuket from the remaining zones or provinces designated as ‘yellow’ or ‘orange’ COVID-control areas ‒ including Phang Nga ‒ the same rules of entry currently in effect today will still apply after Thursday.

As such, all arrivals from yellow or orange zones must be ‘fully vaccinated’ (or received one injection of the AstraZeneca vaccine) at least 14 days before arriving, or they must have been discharged from hospital from recovering from COVID-19 no more than 90 days before arriving.

Alternatively, instead of proving the above, they may provide evidence that they tested negative for the virus through an RT-PCR test or an Antigen Test no more than seven days before travelling to Phuket.

You asked the question you numpty! I have tried to help. But can I suggest in future? Rather than wasting people's time here who are trying and able to help, that you take the time to explore and  source the information from the myriads of other sources out there rather than ask fumduck questions here?

• Haha 1