Warfarin

Yabiaomer

I’ve noticed a couple of threads recently revering Warfarin, indications are that it seems to be getting more difficult to get hold of. 

IF you are using Warfarin solely for blood thinning (I’m not sure what else it may be used for), also consider Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) which is a newer drug and safer to use than Warfarin.

Warfarin is impacted a lot more by diet etc whereas Rivaroxaban is not impacted by anything you eat or drink.

The only downside of Rivaroxaban is that the anticoagulation is more difficult to reverse in the same manner Warfarin can be reversed with Vitamin K, Xarelto (TM) is also more expensive. 

Obviously consult with a Doctor before making any decisions. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve noticed a couple of threads recently revering Warfarin, indications are that it seems to be getting more difficult to get hold of. 

IF you are using Warfarin solely for blood thinning (I’m not sure what else it may be used for), also consider Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) which is a newer drug and safer to use than Warfarin.

Warfarin is impacted a lot more by diet etc whereas Rivaroxaban is not impacted by anything you eat or drink.

The only downside of Rivaroxaban is that the anticoagulation is more difficult to reverse in the same manner Warfarin can be reversed with Vitamin K, Xarelto (TM) is also more expensive. 

Obviously consult with a Doctor before making any decisions. 

Thanks richard_smith237 .. yes, I'm using Warfarin for blood thinning. I will ask my doc about Rivaroxaban. Where can one buy Rivaroxaban in Chiang mai? 

Go to Facebook search &  contact   Medisafe,    they speak perfect English  they are a Pharmacy based in Bangkok   but they do deliver all over Thailand Monthly, including Chiangmai, direct to your door. I would be very surprised if they dont have what you are looking for 

4 hours ago, Yabiaomer said:

Thanks richard_smith237 .. yes, I'm using Warfarin for blood thinning. I will ask my doc about Rivaroxaban. Where can one buy Rivaroxaban in Chiang mai? 

I can’t help you in Chiang Mai...   

I know in Bangkok there is a Pharmacy on the 2nd floor above Big C Ekammai - they get whatever I need when I need it - the have been able to get Clexane, Warfarin (in the past). 

I last purchased Rivoroxaban a couple of months ago, I haven’t tried Warfarin. 

(My Wife contacts them by Line Messenger, transfers the money and goes and picks it up in a couple of days)

IF you don’t find anything you need in Chiang Mai it may well be worth contacting one of the Pharmacies in Bangkok and seeing if they can send something up to Chiang Mai with Kerry Express (I’m not sure on the legality of posting medication within Thailand).

https://www.facebook.com/safeandsave/

https://www.safeandsavepharmacy.com/ติดต่อเรา/