Ubc Subtitles?

cheshiremusicman

You cannot remove the subtitles from a UBC transmission.

If you want to watch movies without sub titles, you will have to buy or rent a dvd.

You are allowed to have one additional box which will allow you to watch different channels in a separate room, but you will have to buy it or rent it.

Call UBC (they speak English), and they will give you the current prices.

Does anybody know how to remove the annoying subtitles from the UBC channels?

I would like to be able to receive a different channel in another room, does this entail buying another decoder or is there another way of doing this and what is the cost?

You could just go to panthip plaza and get one of their de-coder boxes for 2,000b. Every channel with no monthly fee :o:D , although you would still have to put up with the thai subtitles. Anyway , after a few years living here those subtitles tend to fade into the background after a while :D:D .

Does anybody know how to remove the annoying subtitles from the UBC channels?

I would like to be able to receive a different channel in another room, does this entail buying another decoder or is there another way of doing this and what is the cost?

You could just go to panthip plaza and get one of their de-coder boxes for 2,000b. Every channel with no monthly fee :o:D , although you would still have to put up with the thai subtitles. Anyway , after a few years living here those subtitles tend to fade into the background after a while :D:D .

Thanks 'scousemouse'

I presume that 'panthip plaza' is in BK! I'm in Hua-Hin so unless I make a trip it doesn't look as though I can buy one for 2kb. It looks as though I'm going to have to spend another 9kb to buy another decoder from the likes of 'Pure Electric' unless anybody out there knows better???

A cheaper way to enjoy ubc in another room is to run a seperate set of cables from your decoder box, either using splitters and a wireless transmitter/receiver setup - the downside of this is that the two tv's will have to show the same channel, and channel changing is a pain. But, it works.

As far as the subbies go, you're stuck with them.

As I said UBC allow you to have one extra box, with no extra monthly fee (unless you rent the box, for which there will be a monthly charge).

(I don't want anyone to get the impression that you can buy a decoder from Panthip and get free TV)

I suggest you check around for boxes. One of my boxes in a 'Maz' box which costs around 5K, and works quite well.

As I said UBC allow you to have one extra box, with no extra monthly fee (unless you rent the box, for which there will be a monthly charge).

(I don't want anyone to get the impression that you can buy a decoder from Panthip and get free TV)

I suggest you check around for boxes. One of my boxes in a 'Maz' box which costs around 5K, and works quite well.

Well said Mobi...I get the same channels without the monthly bill (allegedly). In the above post the guy said he lives in Hua Hin so my understanding of the post is Hua Hin is at the edge of the universe so getting into Bangkok is impossible. Sorry but that's b******s, your willing to pay thousands for an extra box but the cost of travelling to BKK is nothing compared to the extra expense

What annoys me no end, is when your watching a film, such as those war movies where half the film is spoken in German or Japanese and English subtitles are provided, however Thai subtitles obliterate the original subtitles. Often it is only for a few minutes, but its not easy to fully enjoy the movie when English subtitles are obliterated.

Well said Mobi...I get the same channels without the monthly bill (allegedly). In the above post the guy said he lives in Hua Hin so my understanding of the post is Hua Hin is at the edge of the universe so getting into Bangkok is impossible. Sorry but that's b******s, your willing to pay thousands for an extra box but the cost of travelling to BKK is nothing compared to the extra expense

-------------------

Sorry - didn't think that this reply was necessary or useful , just a rant from some angry person. Yes I live in HH and NO its NO big deal to get to the great BKK, I was only ASKING if the place refered to was in BKK so keep your shirt on. Seems that some of the people on TV can only send out negative vibes when a reasonable question was being asked. YOU may know EVERYTHING there is to know about UBC, I don't and am honest enough to ask for advice as I have only been resident in LOS for three months. I trust that if you ever need to KNOW anything and ask for advice you don't get such a response back yourself, as I thought that the whole point of TV was for people to give advice to each other and not to make snide remarks!

Thanks 'Mobi' for the advice re the 'MAZ' box, I will 'search the edge of the universe' before putting on my David Livingstone hat and trying to locate BKK, thanks again :o .