Rapid Test Facility - Chalong

pagallim

For clarity, I thought that this test was the Rapid test (i.e. results within 30 minutes), but no, this is the full blown PCR test (the one Sandbox visitors are paying 8000 baht for three).   My wife will get the result either this evening or tomorrow morning.

A link which shows their location:

https://bloodtestphuket.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR2DgyCwRzfweX3zTagC11J181dAtNPgqsfkvh_Uu7wi5FryIERK5PMbOko

Edited by pagallim

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So 450 Baht for the PCR test?

Yes.   Although my wife said that she didn't need an actual certificate, just the result.   Difficult to imagine an actual certificate costing 2000 baht though.

• Like 1

OK, I need to offer some clarity here.   The test that my wife had done yesterday was a Rapid Antigen test, albeit laboratory analysed.   Having had the test yesterday morning, last night she was emailed a certificate showing her as negative.   Although she doesn't need it, people who are travelling would need something like this, although you would still need to be certain which type of test would be acceptable to an authority.

217281871_357592759325481_4004348764443669520_n.jpg.0b517266219357231466faddf19743ee.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Interesting but I don't think this is acceptable for international flights, maybe for local and inter-provincial travel and so on..., let me know if otherwise...!

Agreed, have posted this as a FYI in regard to intra province travel, increased control and restrictions of which are looking more and more likely.

However, this is from the UK Government on acceptable test type for entry into the UK, and within this criteria, it would be acceptable.

Type of test

You must make sure that the test provider you choose can meet the standards for pre-departure testing.

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device

It’s your responsibility to ensure the test meets the minimum standards for sensitivity, specificity and viral load details. You must check with your test provider that it meets those standards.

You may not be able to travel if the test does not meet these standards. It’s your responsibility to ensure you get the right test that meets the above requirements.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 2