Urgent clarification needed: COVID extension

1) my stamp expires on the 28th

2) can't book an appointment on the MTT website, apparently it is down.

3) apparently there is going to be a holiday during that week and immigration services might be unavailable, so I might have to go earlier.

So what is my best course of action to get another covid extension before my stamp expires, and where in Bangkok should I go? Is there a multiple day holiday coming up soon where immigration is closed?

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

You should go next week. 

Where you go will depend on the visa type you entered the country with.

If you entered with TR you will have to go to CW. 

I read somewhere that  appointment is no longer needed. But I'm not sure if its for everyone. 

198999903_355038332703656_521416205658570007_n.jpg

Immigration will be open on the 27th and the 29th. You can go on the 29th without a problem since immigration is closed on your the day your current permit to stay ends.

You could go this week since you will lose no days when apply early. Your extension will start on the 28th.

13 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Are foreigners in Thailand still getting visa exemption (waiver) due to covid?

Visa exempt entries are still possible for those that are from countries that qualify for them. At this time they allow a 45 day permit to stay.

27 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Are foreigners in Thailand still getting visa exemption (waiver) due to covid?

EU has just put Thailand on red list

Are you referring to the visa exempt entry (which is mostly normal right now, except that you get an extra 15 days to allow for 15 days quarantine before you can act like a tourist) or 60-day Covid-19 special extensions of your permission to stay (generally available to everyone legally in Thailand right now)?

Either way, there are no indications at the moment that the designation of Thailand as a risk country for Covid-19 is affecting Thailand's immigration policies.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will be open on the 27th and the 29th. You can go on the 29th without a problem since immigration is closed on your the day your current permit to stay ends.

You could go this week since you will lose no days when apply early. Your extension will start on the 28th.

Unfortunately it does not work in Pattaya immigration. Extensions here always start from the day of an application. Totally different from MTT in Bangkok. yesterday my friend went there, got extention till 26 of September even without "under consideration" stamp.

My extension expires on Aug-10, and yesterday I got to CW did new 'consideration' stamp no problem took 3 hrs.

Dunno if I lucky or just officers are in good kindred mood. I saw them stamping 'only 3 days b4 expiration could proceed', but heck, much holidays this month(technically yesterday is only 3 days to gov-holiday), and not sure if next month they'll extend covid-60 days policy. (The policis are too unpredictable, I have another 500k paid PE Visa still have 1-year effective, but currently no way to use back in messed up situation)

50 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

I think if arrival on TR, or worked on non-B, should go to CW for covid-extension. Because that's my case, last time been at MTT and was sent away.

Other types should be at MTT, if policis not changed.

I was visa on arrival right before covid hit in March 2020. Been going to MTT every time and no problems.

Went to MTT for extension today (Thursday, arrived at about 12:40) and was in and out in about an hour. Full stamp, No need to come back in two weeks via under consideration stamp. Stamped until end of September.

Wasn't crowded at all, either. Very COVID-safe.

I recommend anyone who needs to do it, go tomorrow (Friday) before 1 PM. One of the most hassle free visits I've had.

• Like 1