Samui - PCR test for flying?

Has anyone any recent experience with doing a PCR test for flying (not for suspected case)?

I found this info, which looks pretty recent:

https://www.sistersonsamui.org/covid-update-samui-april-2021/

4. Where can I get a COVID test?

Samui Hospital in Nathon – cost is 2150 THB per person, for foreigners.
    Bangkok Samui Hospital – cost is 5500 THB per person, if you get tested before 1pm, you will get your result in 24 hours.  If you go after 1pm, it will take 48 hours to get the result.
    Samui Home Clinic in Bangrak – cost 3800 THB per person for the COVID-19 RT/PCR test.  They also provide the COVID-19 Antibodies IgG/IgM test for 1790 THB per person.

The Nathon hospital test looks like a bargain..wonder if anyone has done it there, and how long it takes to get the result.

I doubt the price for Samui Hospital Nathon is correct. I paid them a visit 2 weeks ago and they gave me the following information:

- PCR test for foreigners is 3,480 THB. Result available next morning. Tests also on Sa und Su (+40 THB or so). Result can be picked up personally or sent by email.

- Antigen test not available.

I also can confirm the crazy 5,500 THB for Bangkok Hospital Chaweng.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, goa4711 said:

I doubt the price for Samui Hospital Nathon is correct. I paid them a visit 2 weeks ago and they gave me the following information:

- PCR test for foreigners is 3,480 THB. Result available next morning. Tests also on Sa und Su (+40 THB or so). Result can be picked up personally or sent by email.

- Antigen test not available.

I also can confirm the crazy 5,500 THB for Bangkok Hospital Chaweng.

Thanks, my girlfriend called them and they confirmed it is 3500 baht. The hospital lady asked "Thai or farang?" so I assume the price in the OP link is maybe only for Thais. Double pricing in action, but looks unavoidable..

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

Thanks, my girlfriend called them and they confirmed it is 3500 baht. The hospital lady asked "Thai or farang?" so I assume the price in the OP link is maybe only for Thais. Double pricing in action, but looks unavoidable..

Maybe try Dr Bew at Samui Home Clinic in Bangrak.

She used to do PCR tests but I do not know if she still does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Tests for internal flights? It would be easier to travel by train and ferry

Flying to Europe. And no matter if you are vaccinated or not, many airlines now have a policy "all on board with negative PCR test".

Purely internal flights are suspended from 21st. Bangkok Airways Samui -> Bangkok is not bookable on the web site.

Edited by gearbox
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 2:54 AM, gearbox said:

Flying to Europe. And no matter if you are vaccinated or not, many airlines now have a policy "all on board with negative PCR test".

Purely internal flights are suspended from 21st. Bangkok Airways Samui -> Bangkok is not bookable on the web site.

I am sure I read yesterday that all promoted tourist venue flights ( sandbox , Phuket , Samui ) returning to Bangkok will still be allowed or am I mistaken ?

With reduced domestic flights, need to check you can get your PCR test results, domestic flight, International flight and get to your final flight take off point if you have a transit point in 72 hours. Not always easy, as i found out.

1 hour ago, superal said:

I am sure I read yesterday that all promoted tourist venue flights ( sandbox , Phuket , Samui ) returning to Bangkok will still be allowed or am I mistaken ?

No mistake. The 'sealed' flights are still on but not for domestic tourists.

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

With reduced domestic flights, need to check you can get your PCR test results, domestic flight, International flight and get to your final flight take off point if you have a transit point in 72 hours. Not always easy, as i found out.

I contacted Nathon hospital,  they are working next week even during the supposed holiday days. Pick up of the test result is next day after 8am. I plan to test a day before and get the result on the day I fly, to get maximum validity.

I'm doing a medical checkup package with them this week, so will go to confirm the PCR details in person as well.

4 hours ago, superal said:

Yes Samui+ special flights continue, but the normal domestic flights that you book from for example Bangkok Airways' website, are all cancelled.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know where to do a PCR test on Samui without risking to be admitted to a hospital in case of a positive result without my explicit consent ? I mean, where they just tell you the result and then it's up to you what you make of it ? The background is, that I need a PCR test for flying, but do not want to risk ending up in a 14 day quarantine paying a six-digit hospital fee which might not be covered by my health insurance.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, goa4711 said:

Does anybody know where to do a PCR test on Samui without risking to be admitted to a hospital in case of a positive result without my explicit consent ? I mean, where they just tell you the result and then it's up to you what you make of it ? The background is, that I need a PCR test for flying, but do not want to risk ending up in a 14 day quarantine paying a six-digit hospital fee which might not be covered by my health insurance.  

Samui Home Clinic in Bangrak would be a possibility. You can ask Dr. Bew in advance what happens, if the test is positive. They have a Facobook page, where you for example can ask "for a friend" by Messenger...????

• Thanks 1