Chiang Mai designated Red Zone as of Tues, Royal Gazette

DrPhibes

1 hour ago, fangless said:

What does CM being in the "Red Zone" mean wrt restrictions etc?

Good question, I have been scouring via Google for the last 30 min and can not find the current definition for each of the zone colors.  Found some old ones that I know are not correct.  Not able to see Gov Facebook page.  Welcome all help on this.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:
1 hour ago, fangless said:

What does CM being in the "Red Zone" mean wrt restrictions etc?

Good question, I have been scouring via Google for the last 30 min and can not find the current definition for each of the zone colors.  Found some old ones that I know are not correct.  Not able to see Gov Facebook page.  Welcome all help on this.

I too wonder what the heck this means, e.g., for indoor dining, alcohol sales, gyms, golf courses, curfew, travel between provinces....etc.?  Just what exactly does being designated a red zone mean?  Help!

• Like 1

This is from the BP, which I don't think we are allowed to link to.

Dark red zones can hold activities involving no more than 50 people. Air-conditioned restaurants can serve dining-in customers to a maximum 50% of capacity and remain open until 11pm. Sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises remains prohibited. 

In dark red zones, department stores and shopping centres can open until 9pm. Outdoors sports fields and well ventilated sports facilities can open without spectators. Schools remain closed.

Red zones can organise activities that bring together no more than 100 people. Restaurants have no limits on the number of dine-in customers and can stay open until 11pm. Alcohol sales and consumption on the premises remains banned.

In red zones, shopping centres and department stores can open as usual but are prohibited from organising promotional events. Schools can open. Sports facilities can be used until 9pm with limited numbers of spectators.

The colour code was changed last week but maybe forgot to tell anyone...Would seem that hopefully...possibly... a "Maximum Controlled (Red) Zone"...is not the same as a standalone "Red Zone"...a "dark Red Zone" or a "Deep dark Red Zone".....cuppa tea time....

18 minutes ago, Marcous said:

This is from the BP, which I don't think we are allowed to link to.

Dark red zones can hold activities involving no more than 50 people. Air-conditioned restaurants can serve dining-in customers to a maximum 50% of capacity and remain open until 11pm. Sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises remains prohibited. 

In dark red zones, department stores and shopping centres can open until 9pm. Outdoors sports fields and well ventilated sports facilities can open without spectators. Schools remain closed.

Red zones can organise activities that bring together no more than 100 people. Restaurants have no limits on the number of dine-in customers and can stay open until 11pm. Alcohol sales and consumption on the premises remains banned.

In red zones, shopping centres and department stores can open as usual but are prohibited from organising promotional events. Schools can open. Sports facilities can be used until 9pm with limited numbers of spectators.

Sorry to ask, how old was this source of information?

23 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I too wonder what the heck this means, e.g., for indoor dining, alcohol sales, gyms, golf courses, curfew, travel between provinces....etc.?  Just what exactly does being designated a red zone mean?  Help!

Here's the answer.  Largely pretty painless...