Social Distancing not required in Phuket

skippybangkok

Were planning to take a day trip on a Catarmaran in phuket and was tracking how many tourists would join.....  was 45 on one boat. Ended up saying no thanks. 

Seems Phuket Govt is not really focusing on COVID, and as usual operators put $$$ before everything.  Real good way to have everything shut down again.

Bit like doing a joint school project, there are always people in the group who just dont pull their weight

• Sad 1

Interesting.    When was this?   Are you in Phuket now?    Given that Phi Phi and most of the islands of Phang Nga Bay are out of bounds (being in different provinces), there aren't that many options for boat tours.   Of the ones that have been publicised, I believe that they are limiting their passenger numbers to 50% of capacitiy.

• Thanks 1

Did the OP inform the Sandbox Command Centre (i forgot the contact number but i read it somewhere on the forum) as they would be interested for sure.

The last thing they want to get a infection hotspot and ruin the sandbox program.

Social distancing doesn't seem to be a concern of anyone in Thailand. Just look at the many pictures of VIPs in the media, the PM himself was at Central surrounded by people (and ended up in self-isolation). They seem to believe the mask eliminates the need for social-distancing. It doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1