Non-B expiring soon, options and advice please

My Non-B work visa/extension of stay will expire on the 31st July. I was planning to have left the country before this date but complications due to covid have now cast some doubt on this. My work is closed due to the lockdown so contacting the HR is difficult. I am considering my options and have come up with the following possibilities that I would like to run past you:

1. Pay overstay at the airport (I should be able to leave Thailand by mid August at the latest) obviously wish to avoid this option if possible

2. Apply for marriage visa - is this possible without my employer being present?

3. is there any kind of waver or extension given the current circumstances?

Thanks

1. Not a good option. If you were caught with a overstay before leaving you could be deported and being banned from entering the country.

2. You could apply for a extension of stay based upon being married to a Thai without your employer being involved other that giving a you a termination letter to cancel your current extension needed to apply for a new one.

3. You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension. You would need the termination letter/notice to cancel your current to apply for a new one.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. Not a good option. If you were caught with a overstay before leaving you could be deported and being banned from entering the country.

2. You could apply for a extension of stay based upon being married to a Thai without your employer being involved other that giving a you a termination letter to cancel your current extension needed to apply for a new one.

3. You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension. You would need the termination letter/notice to cancel your current to apply for a new one.

Quick question Ubonjoe... If he was above 50 and had the required 800K in the bank - Could he also apply for extension of stay based on retirement ?

7 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Quick question Ubonjoe... If he was above 50 and had the required 800K in the bank - Could he also apply for extension of stay based on retirement ?

Yes he could if the 800k baht was in a Thai bank for 2 months.

• Thanks 1