London E-Visa Postal Submission - Documents to send

Hi folks,

I am now at submission stage to send off my passport to the London embassy after doing the online e-visa application for a non-b.

When I finalised payment it said in a pop up that I screenshotted that the required documents to send by post are:

• Passport
  • Biodata page
  • Photograph
  • Declaration
  • Note verbale/invitation letter
  • Diplomatic Residence permit (in case you are non-national of France, Monaco or Algeria).

The first ones have all already been included in the e-application and the last two bullet points I don't really understand as they don't seem to relate to my application (I double checked my visa type, it is correctly a non-b based on employment). So maybe this is just bad/out of date or untargeted information?

On the e-appointment form that I printed out it only says to send:

• Passport
  • E-appointment form with barcode
  • Self addresed and stamped envelope

No mention of the other documents that came up in the pop up. I don't see why i would need to print a photocopy of my passport, print the declaration again, and send a print out of my photograph when it was already uploaded to the e-visa application.

Has anyone done this application by post and know if I can just send the second set of 3 items? I presume I don't actually need to send in any of my documents (that I uploaded online) again.

Thanks!

LMX

If it is any help I applied (uk citizen) for non OA from London embassy mid June. Online application did indeed include one or two things that didn't apply to me. On approval I was instructed like you to mail in passport, copy of e-appointment with barcode and self addressed envelope (recommend special delivery). I got my passport with visa back 4 days later. I don't remember getting a popup after payment requesting additional stuff to mail in but their website/instructions are far from perfect. It looks to me like you should go with what the e-appointment says and mail in the 3 specified items. As you noted they already have the other docs.

40 minutes ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

If it is any help I applied (uk citizen) for non OA from London embassy mid June. Online application did indeed include one or two things that didn't apply to me. On approval I was instructed like you to mail in passport, copy of e-appointment with barcode and self addressed envelope (recommend special delivery). I got my passport with visa back 4 days later. I don't remember getting a popup after payment requesting additional stuff to mail in but their website/instructions are far from perfect. It looks to me like you should go with what the e-appointment says and mail in the 3 specified items. As you noted they already have the other docs.

Great, thanks a lot for the info on your experience!

Yes it just seemed a little odd. But the e-appointment page just has those three items so I will likely just risk it and send the form, passport and self addressed/stamped envelope. Hopefully they drop me a call if there is any issue.

Thank you!

On 7/21/2021 at 1:00 AM, Greenwich Boy said:

Just to confirm. Passport, appointment with barcode and pre paid return envelope is all that is needed. Use special delivery and take a photo of the number on the return envelope. That way you can track it on the way back.

Update: I did exactly this, worked a treat and the passport was returned with the visa promptly. 4-5 days from posting to receiving back.

Thanks for the advice! Was just a little stressed given some of the conflicting information in the pop up. 

• Like 1