Thai economy no longer a subject of global interest, new report says

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30143/thai-economy-no-longer-a-subject-of-global-interest-new-report-says/

Problems:

– The current key export products including electronics, automobiles, agriculture, and petrochemical will likely be outdated and face a downturn in demand.

– Thailand lacks cutting-edge infrastructure and mostly serves as a labor source for overseas manufacturers.

– The country’s economic institutions do not support long-term growth, and corruption concerns keep international investors at bay.

Solutions:

1. Improving the quality of manufacturing facilities

2. Expanding market size

3. Enhancing Infrastructure

4. Encouraging transparent economic institutions.

Past threads have said Vietnam is stealing interest and those who said that have been validated by the numbers.

So now, do you guys think any of the four solutions will be implemented? I know pessimism feels good but try to be fair about it. 

Personally, I exclude #4 right away. #2 seems unlikely here (philippines yes). #1 and #3 I don't know about and am curious what others have to say.

10 hours ago, Hal65 said:

am curious what others have to say.

All can remember is 2005 to 2007 the baht to other foreign currencies you got more baht.

2008 on to the other dates mentioned there was a financial global world crash.

Financial markets & investors don't like the Army running things even though the man in charge is referred to as PM.

The another problem the future thing is obvious the Pandemic effect.

What I would like is a totally selfish one to see more baht to the £ basically,  couldn't care less what Thailand does at this time.