One year extension of Non-Immigrant O Spouse Visa based on Monthly Income Method

stament

Good morning all,

I need to apply for the above and wanted to check if members know if CM Immigration requires anything additional to verify the monthly income method (THB 40,000 minimum) based on income earned in Thailand (with valid work visa).  According to the threads I have read the following is required. 

However, I read that different Immigration offices have additional requirements, i.e. official certification of these documents.   I am aware of all the other requirements regarding marriage certificates, etc so this question is specifically related to the monthly income part as opposed to the lump sum THB 400k option.

I wonder if any TVM have recently renewed and can advise or perhaps our resident expert Ubon Joe ????

With Income in Thailand option
   1. A copy of work permit (All stamped pages)
   2. Personal income tax (PND.1) for latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year (PND.91) with receipts showing it has been paid
   3: Copy of Company documents stamped and signed, Documents must be under 6 months old.
   4: Letter of employment, stating location of employment, role and remuneration.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how many clients Chiang Mai immigration has, but for the last few years we have been going to Buriram immigration a few days in advance in order to see what has changed. 

Done in five minutes, and has proved worthwhile the last three times we did it.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cooked said:

I don't know how many clients Chiang Mai immigration has, but for the last few years we have been going to Buriram immigration a few days in advance in order to see what has changed. 

Done in five minutes, and has proved worthwhile the last three times we did it.

good idea, thanks

I did it last month in Chiang rai for my third year, second extension. I had to come back a record of 4 times. And every time they really push to switch to the money in the bank method. 

Off the top of my head these were the things required:

Your personal tax statement precious year

Your insurance payments (prakan sang kom) past three months

Work permit copies all pages

Passport copies all pages

Original certified company registration papers no older than 3 months

Wife's id card 

Wife's house book with all individual inhabitants with her Id card copy on it

Map to the house

Copy of the birth certificate of my son

Company contract

Tax payments of the company

Pictures of us in the house

I'm sure I'm still missing something stupid.

All this in two fold, even the certified company papers.

I had a paper package of 100+ pages

All this needs to be signed there and company papers stamped. 

They said next year they would need more papers.

I suggest you start by just going there with what you have and ask them what is missing and take it from there. It is a lot of work for them, so they will not like it in my experience.

Good luck, and stay calm. When something is missing smile and ask them to write it down then you give that to your accountant, come back and repeat.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, elcaro said:

I did it last month in Chiang rai for my third year, second extension. I had to come back a record of 4 times. And every time they really push to switch to the money in the bank method. 

Wife's id card 

Map to the house

Company contract

I suggest you start by just going there with what you have and ask them what is missing and take it from there. It is a lot of work for them, so they will not like it in my experience.

Good luck, and stay calm. When something is missing smile and ask them to write it down then you give that to your accountant, come back and repeat.

Many thanks, I will go there as per your recommendation.

Best regards

Wife's id card 

Map to the house

Company contract

So doing the 400k seems a lot easier......????

• Like 1

Wife's id card 

Map to the house

Company contract

You state tax payments of the company, is this your business can I ask. Just curious as to why they would need the tax records of the business not me as an individual if I am just an employee with a work permit.

Just wondering if there are slightly different requirements for business owners as opposed to pure employees. I will do to ask of course as per your suggestion.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, stament said:

You state tax payments of the company, is this your business can I ask. Just curious as to why they would need the tax records of the business not me as an individual if I am just an employee with a work permit.

Just wondering if there are slightly different requirements for business owners as opposed to pure employees. I will do to ask of course as per your suggestion.

Thanks 

It it the company of my wife. I had a feeling they were being intentionally difficult to make me change and go with 400k as a parent of a thai, they even offered to not season the money and I could take it straight out again. 

However I think I need this for residency so just stuck through it.

Best of luck

On 7/26/2021 at 7:51 AM, elcaro said:

It it the company of my wife. I had a feeling they were being intentionally difficult to make me change and go with 400k as a parent of a thai, they even offered to not season the money and I could take it straight out again. 

However I think I need this for residency so just stuck through it.

Best of luck

Many thanks.  I will see what they say when I go there and ask them and report back here.

Much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update - I decided to go for the 400k option as the monthly one seems too long winded and a lot more paperwork.  I've now deposited the money 2.5 months before my application.

How long do I need to leave the money in there after submitting my application?  I read on the forum that it Is it 3 months after submission or 3 months after receiving the new visa?  I did check the Immigration website (below) but it didn't mention any time limit. It just says you have to show 400k in your bank 2 months before (nothing about afer). 

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714#604c3aeba1b968fad

Thanks in advance.