Kawasaki 250 D-Tracker

baz69er

Can anyone recommend a battery for my bike, before I left for the U.k I decided to pay a bit extra & buy a YUASA battery, this lasted just over a year, completely dead (wouldnt charge) so I'm now looking for something cheap just till I return, have seen a battery on lazada which is half the price of the YUASA, anyone know if this is any good?

Cheers

Baz....

Screenshot_20210724-143054_Lazada.jpg

Edited by baz69er
Mistake

Who was charging the battery while you were away in UK? No lead-acid battery will survive prolonged neglect if not regularly charged - fortnightly at worst but preferably weekly - or left on a permanent trickle charger. 

On my second bike I had a super-cheap 9 Ah battery from new but, because it was regularly charged, it lasted 4 years until it was replaced with an identical super-cheap 9 Ah battery which was 630฿ . The bike gets little use these days but the battery is put on a charger every weekend and can be started easily.

You don't get extra longevity just by spending a bit more.

Buy your cheap battery but then take care of it.

Edited by MartinL

6 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Who was charging the battery while you were away in UK? No lead-acid battery will survive prolonged neglect if not regularly charged - fortnightly at worst but preferably weekly - or left on a permanent trickle charger. 

On my second bike I had a super-cheap 9 Ah battery from new but, because it was regularly charged, it lasted 4 years until it was replaced with an identical super-cheap 9 Ah battery which was 630฿ . The bike gets little use these days but the battery is put on a charger every weekend and can be started easily.

You don't get extra longevity just by spending a bit more.

Buy your cheap battery but then take care of it.

Hi Martinl,

My girlfriend was starting the bike up just to get the oil circulating every few weeks & was keeping the battery charged using my Oxford optimizer charger, the previous battery had lasted over 4 years & was a cheapo, I totally agree with you regarding maintaining batteries, im gonna buy the cheap battery & see if the bike will start as at first i thought there might of been a problem with the electrics (rats chewing wiring etc).....

Thanks for the quick reply.....

Baz