visa extension (passport photo copy)

Quick question, do they photo copy your passport at the immigration office (bangkok division 1), for visa extensions

Or do you have to photo copy the passport yourself and bring copies?

Edited by dj230

13 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

They don't do it for you, but there's a facility downstairs near the foodcourt that you can pay for photocopies and passport photos if you need them.

Thank you

Is it a store or or self serve copiers? Might try and go tomorrow morning but was wondering incase the photocopy store isn't open yet

Edited by dj230

8 hours ago, dj230 said:

Is it a store or or self serve copiers? Might try and go tomorrow morning but was wondering incase the photocopy store isn't open yet

Which office are you going to?

When you wrote tomorrow did you mean today the 27th or tomorrow. Immigration is closed tomorrow.

They shops on the ground floor at Chaeng Wattana and at MTT the is a shop on the ground floor,

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office are you going to?

When you wrote tomorrow did you mean today the 27th or tomorrow. Immigration is closed tomorrow.

They shops on the ground floor at Chaeng Wattana and at MTT the is a shop on the ground floor,

Sorry I meant Tuesday, hope they’re open, I read they’re closed mon&wed

22 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

The 1 I use opens at 7am

Thank you both ???? 

12 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

They don't do it for you, but there's a facility downstairs near the foodcourt that you can pay for photocopies and passport photos if you need them.

Are those still open?

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Are those still open?

I was at immigration division 1 today and there was a place to do photo copies on the first floor

they actually had a lot of stuff open like 7/11/ banks / food / mobile shop 

• Like 1

Just now, dj230 said:

I was at immigration division 1 today and there was a place to do photo copies on the first floor

Good to hear. I feared everything would be closed. Hope it stays this way until I extend next month.

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

I thought most, if not all, banks in CW basement floor were closed

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

I’m having flashbacks and now I can’t remember 100% if banks were open, was in a rush but I’m pretty sure they were. I could have sworn I saw people walking in, wish I wasn’t in a rush, I was worried about not making the 300 person queue since the taxi ride there was fairly far. I’m in lat krabang 

A lot of the stores were open, I was surprised as I thought it was locked down. I’m pretty much fresh off the plane so I can’t recall many of the store names but I remember a food mart, 7/11 and DTAC specifically 

there was a photocopy kiosk I went too, was 4 baht for 2 photocopies, I thought it was 40 when she showed me 4 fingers and was surprised when she said 4 baht 

good to know they don’t take advantage of foreigners there

Edited by dj230

40 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I was worried about not making the 300 person queue since the taxi ride there was fairly far.

There is no 300 queue number limit at Chaeng Wattana. That is only for section k at the Muang Thong Thani office.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 300 queue number limit at Chaeng Wattana. That is only for section k at the Muang Thong Thani office.

I had to go to Muang Thong Thani eventually as the Chaeng Wattana immigration office doesn't do extensions for short term visa stays (or at least for 45 day exempt visas)

7 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I had to go to Muang Thong Thani eventually as the Chaeng Wattana immigration office doesn't do extensions for short term visa stays (or at least for 45 day exempt visas)

It has been that way for a year now. You did not mention what type of entry you were extending.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I'm guessing Bangkok Bank is still open. I called them a couple of days ago and they said the branch at immigration was still operating.

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1