Man falls down in middle of Bangkok intersection - taken for Covid test

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on the latest case of a person suspected of having Covid-19 falling down on the streets of Bangkok.

The latest case at the Wisut Kasat intersection in the Nang Lerng police jurisdiction in the downtown area of the Thai capital came after several cases last week featuring two people who died and two who had coronavirus. 

Police corporal Phatraphoom Phoomsak told Daily News that himself and a colleague were hesitant to help the 35-40 year old man because they were not wearing PPE.

He said that he had had a fever for several days then experienced chest pains as he crossed the road and collapsed.

Rescue foundation Poh Teck Tung were pictured at the scene taking the man to Sirirat hospital.

As the pandemic in Thailand spirals out of control - especially in the Thai capital Bangkok - stories of people collasping and lying unattended in the streets are gaining traction in news reports and comment around the world, notes ASEAN NOW.

Whether they have Covid-19 or not, these cases are going to do nothing for the image of Thailand abroad after ambitious plans to reopen the country were announced by Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha in June.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-27

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that he had had a fever for several days then experienced chest pains as he crossed the road and collapsed.

Did he visit a doctor?

Few people just fall down for no reason. And if they are sick they should see a doctor and/or stay home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

So that begs the question why he didn't seek medical help, a test or anything?

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did he visit a doctor?

Few people just fall down for no reason. And if they are sick they should see a doctor and/or stay home.

Over a year ago, some doctors came out and said that low blood oxygen sneaks up on people with Covid.  They don't know they're in trouble until they're really in trouble.  I suspect that's what got this guy.

If you haven't already bought a pulse-oximeter, this may be a good time to get one.  In normal times, they're about $20USD.  I paid the Amazon "scalpers" $80 for mine, but that was over a year ago.

Edited by impulse

5 hours ago, impulse said:

If you haven't already bought a pulse-oximeter, this may be a good time to get one.  In normal times, they're about $20USD.  I paid the Amazon "scalpers" $80 for mine, but that was over a year ago.

I have a quality one of those oximeters, I bought it long before Covid. It shows me all the time that my blood oxygen is low...