Wife To Have Visa Interview At U.s. Embassy

Okay. I am a bit paranoid about the whole process, but here it goes. We have already turned in the I-130 and the G-325 (2) at the USCIS officeiin Bangkok. My wife has her interview on June 15 where she will also turn in the affidavate of support, I-864 (2), one from me and one from my dad who has agreed to be a joint sponsor, including all the supporting documentation from both myself and my father (who makes a lot more money than me retired). She will also turn in the DS-230 and all the supporting documentation required of her (medical, police background, ect., from the required places).

I have gotten great help from this site, especially from Thaihome and Gumball but I am a little worried. I haven been told that if the interview goes well and all our paperwork is in order than we should be able to get her visa the day after the interview. Is this indeed possible? How can they go through the paperwork we give then the day of the interview and complete it in time to issue my wife a visa the following day? A friend of mine says that they probably will have the visa already and they will check the paperwork just to make sure that it is in order. I only ask becasue I am staying for the interview to support her and in case any problems arise and then to take her home after her visa is issued-if it is indeed issued the following day.

Can I get some feedback on this to quiet my paranoia?

Okay. I am a bit paranoid about the whole process, but here it goes. We have already turned in the I-130 and the G-325 (2) at the USCIS officeiin Bangkok. My wife has her interview on June 15 where she will also turn in the affidavate of support, I-864 (2), one from me and one from my dad who has agreed to be a joint sponsor, including all the supporting documentation from both myself and my father (who makes a lot more money than me retired). She will also turn in the DS-230 and all the supporting documentation required of her (medical, police background, ect., from the required places).

I have gotten great help from this site, especially from Thaihome and Gumball but I am a little worried. I haven been told that if the interview goes well and all our paperwork is in order than we should be able to get her visa the day after the interview. Is this indeed possible? How can they go through the paperwork we give then the day of the interview and complete it in time to issue my wife a visa the following day? A friend of mine says that they probably will have the visa already and they will check the paperwork just to make sure that it is in order. I only ask becasue I am staying for the interview to support her and in case any problems arise and then to take her home after her visa is issued-if it is indeed issued the following day.

Can I get some feedback on this to quiet my paranoia?

Yes they do issue the visa the next day. However, my then fiancee had a small problem on her interview day. In the morning they told her she would have to come back in the afternoon. She went out to lunch, and returned in the afternoon only to wait until closing at which time she asked them why her name was not called. They claimed they called her name in the morning. They gave her a new appointment for the following day, then the visa the day after that.

They see this paperwork everyday. They know how to look through it very quickly. It sounds like you should not have any problems.

Yes they do issue the visa the next day. However, my then fiancee had a small problem on her interview day. In the morning they told her she would have to come back in the afternoon. She went out to lunch, and returned in the afternoon only to wait until closing at which time she asked them why her name was not called. They claimed they called her name in the morning. They gave her a new appointment for the following day, then the visa the day after that.

They see this paperwork everyday. They know how to look through it very quickly. It sounds like you should not have any problems.

Thanks for that info. Ours is on a Friday, so I don't know if they will tell us to come back the following Monday or if they are open on Saturday morning. I can see how wife might not have heard her name. I have been in that place and the Thai people who work there will call out somebody and either you can barely hear it or it is comes out a garbled mess. The American workers seem to be able to belt out the names better even if they have a harder time pronouncing it. They will say it several times to see if anybody gets it while the Thais will say it once and then go on. Again, thanks for everything.