Bangkok sends asymptomatic, mild COVID-19 cases home in Isaan, seeks more hospital beds

snoop1130

Website-Thumbnail-Set-28-1.png

Bangkok authorities began sending asymptomatic and mild COVID-19 cases back to the northeastern region of Thailand on Tuesday, for isolation and treatment, as the capital, the current epicenter of the current wave, runs out of hospital beds.

135 “green” or mild and asymptomatic patients are being transported, on a special train, to their hometowns in Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, Ubon Ratchathani, Amnat Charoen, Yasothon and Nakhon Ratchasima today.

The train will only stop at the pre-planned destinations, while close supervision by medics will be provided on the train. Ambulances will be waiting for the patients as they arrive, to take them to designated isolation areas.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-sends-asymptomatic-mild-covid-19-cases-home-in-isaan-seeks-more-hospital-beds/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

No place to go cause the govt ran out of beds and  doesn't have the resources to feed or house them  imop !

Some  eventually will be back in their villages ! I feel sorry for those individuals ,many who are poor ,who have nowhere to go ,but home !

I wish the over qualified security guard and the person he answers too, would of made arrangements for these people to stay in Bkk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, riclag said:

No place to go cause the govt ran out of beds and  doesn't have the resources to feed or house them  imop !

Some  eventually will be back in their villages ! I feel sorry for those individuals ,many who are poor ,who have nowhere to go ,but home !

I wish the over qualified security guard and the person he answers too, would of made arrangements for these people to stay in Bkk

I don't think its resources its the will to sort this out

Issanb clinics cant handle more than a fever or sprained ankle.

The hospitals here in Sakon Nakhon are overflowing in the best of times.  This isn't going to turn out well.

They need to open up the multitude of army bases.  Put the field hospitals on the military golf courses.

They are actually sending patients with symptoms home to die as well using this 'asymtomatic' rule as the excuse I am thinking of the 2 orphaned girls who's mother told them to go to an orphanage before she died. The mother had been sent home after presenting with symptoms...

On 7/27/2021 at 7:25 PM, snoop1130 said:

135 “green” or mild and asymptomatic patients are being transported, on a special train, to their hometowns in Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, Ubon Ratchathani, Amnat Charoen, Yasothon and Nakhon Ratchasima today.

Leaving aside how incredibly silly such a long-distance train transport of patients is, it also hardly helps: Bangkok currently has about 3,000 new cases per day, officially at least, so sending 135 of them off amounts to almost nothing in terms of relief.