Cyberghost servers gone from Thailand today

Kwarium

I heard this just today that people using CyberGhost v p n find that a pop says, “That country is no longer supported, we have connected you to another location.”

“wow. More media crack downs?”, someone might ask. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fdsa said:

it's simply not profitable to host servers in Thailand - the hosting is incredibly expensive here and the amount of users who need a VPN server located in Thailand is so low that this server does not pay off.

Let’s hope it was just a financial business decision. You’re probably right.

Are people generally happy with Cyberghost? Seen some good promos, 39 months @ $2.25/month.

I'm shopping for a new VPN, prefer unlimited use, for streaming (from the U.S.), primarily, and for a presence in the U.S.

Need the app to run on Chromecast.

Am also looking at Nord, Surfshark and Express VPN

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Are people generally happy with Cyberghost? Seen some good promos, 39 months @ $2.25/month.

I'm shopping for a new VPN, prefer unlimited use, for streaming (from the U.S.), primarily, and for a presence in the U.S.

I use Cyberghost and I am very satisfied ( 3 years already ), we have any server in maybe 10 seconds, but I don't say it's the best : Nord vpn is very good, too 

For the message of the OP, I have not this message;  just now I tried " Thailand", and I had it , no problem

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aforek said:

I use Cyberghost and I am very satisfied ( 3 years already ), we have any server in maybe 10 seconds, but I don't say it's the best : Nord vpn is very good, too 

For the message of the OP, I have not this message;  just now I tried " Thailand", and I had it , no problem

I have just used  two IP address trackers and they both show that my Cyberghost Thailand server is indeed showing as being in Bangkok.

Edited by fangless

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

i believe Express VPN also removed their server from Thailand some time ago. Now running a virtual server.

Express are still using a server in Thailand (Bangkok), I have just tested it.

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Tried all found surfshark the easiest and best

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I used PIA for several years but started having problems with it in Turkey last year.  Shopped around and decided to try Express.  Ain’t never looking back.  It just works. 

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

If you use google as your search engine, why not try the FREE VPN add on provided by google, Urban VPN. I find it to be quite good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I use express vpn it allows me to cover 5 separate pieces of equipment and up to now I have never had any issues 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I use express vpn it allows me to cover 5 separate pieces of equipment and up to now I have never had any issues 

and if you do, their technical support is excellent.

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

have a look bitdefender premim .. comes witn vpn.. works well so far.... great support

6 hours ago, salsajapan said:

how many servers do they have ?

if less than 5000 it's so useless...

VPN services are not intended for SPAM or DDoS thus they do not have thousands of different servers and IP addresses.

You should look for proxy services instead, e.g. try luminati.io

14 hours ago, fangless said:

Express are still using a server in Thailand (Bangkok), I have just tested it.

Wrong, ExpressVPN's Thailand server is virtual, physically hosted in Singapore. Your IP checker is false, masked as Thailand. I can prove it with ping/latency tests.

FYI: https://www.expressvpn.xyz/support/troubleshooting/virtual-server-locations/

You should check Cyber-ghost Bangkok server as it is virtual as well, NOT hosted in Thailand.

Edited by codemonkey
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, codemonkey said:

ExpressVPN's Thailand server is virtual, physically hosted in Singapore. Your IP checker is false, masked as Thailand.

It's doing its job then as it seems to be in Thailand to three different IP checkers I have used.

Edited by fangless

OP here. Mine only showed the “no Thailand server” message one day, but it sure was worded to sound permanaent. Sorry for the false alarm. 

I have been very happy with CyberGhost and I paid peanuts for a lifetime deal. IronSocket in HK also does no logging and is cheap on sale. 

$2-3 per month is plenty to pay, just be sure to shop around!

• Like 1