NaviGo and Transit Samui Public Bus Vs. Renting a Car

I'm comparing the cost of owning a used 2012-2017 car (car payment + Insurance + Gas, etc.) Or even renting it by the week or month. VS using NaviGo and the new bus route that was introduced in 2019.

For NaviGO

The booking fee is 100 Baht and afterwards you will have to pay 30 Baht per kilometer on top of the booking fee. Partly it can be cheaper than bargaining for the price of a taxi.

Seems to me using NaviGO would cost less than a Taxi based on other user reports from 2019.

Airport to Fisherman’s Village 500 baht

Chaweng Noi to Airport 500

Bangrak to Maenam 400 baht

Bangrak to Lamai 700 baht

Chaweng to Bangrak 300 baht

Maenam to Fisherman’s Village 100 baht

Fisherman’s Village to Bangrak 300 baht

Fisherman’s Village to Bang Por 500

Fisherman’s Village to Choeng Mon 400

Choeng Mon to Bangrak 300

Choeng Mon to Lamai 600

Secret Garden, Bangrak to Big Buddha 200 baht

Chaweng to Lamai 400 baht

Chaweng to Bangrak 400

Bang por to Nathon 200 baht

Nathon to Chaweng Noi 500 baht

And for the new Tourist Bus (Which I don't like the idea much since it stops at every station it'll take forever)

a daily bus service from the Nathon Pier to the airport and vice versa. A ticket costs 140 Baht per person and the bus starts every hour from 7.30 A.M. to 9.30 P.M.

The bus serves two routes around Koh Samui, the Pink Route and the Blue Route, which are taking different ways from the airport to Nathon and back. If you take the Pink Route from the airport to Nathon Pier it will take about 1 hour and if you take the Blue Route it takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes from one end to another.

The Pink Route serves the following stops: Airport, Bangrak Pier, Bangrak Temple, Bophut Fisherman’s Village, Bophut PTT Gas station, Maenam Mini Tesco Lotus, Baan Tai, Bang Por and the Nathon Pier. The Blue Route goes the other way around Koh Samui and serves the following: Airport, Chaweng, Chaweng Rajabhat University, Chaweng Noi Bangkok Airways Office, Chaweng Noi The Sarann Hotel, Lamai Tesco Lotus, Hin Ta & Hin Yai, Hua Thanon, Namuang CPD Samui, Baan Saket, Baan Lipa Noi, Baan Lipa Yai and the Nathon Pier.

You guys still think owning/renting a car/motorbike is still better considering your safety and the peace of mind ?

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 7.07.23 PM.png

14 hours ago, crazykopite said:

With Covid I would be renting a car why do public transport 

Answering your question, Because I don't wanna Drive That's why ????

-so renting/buying car/motorcycle is not in my plans.