Another Epidemic in Thailand

Almer

I have had a standoff situation at a checkpoint over a bogus claim of infringement.

End result was a negotiation down from 200 to the 90 baht of loose change in my pocket.

I did however get a receipt for 100 Baht and some laughter that was not entirely sympathetic.

I was stopped and told that i crossed a solid white line changing lane on the entry to a toll booth. I explained that is not possible as did not change lane as asked him to show me some evidence. The cop showed me my registration number he scribbled on his notepad. I just laughed at him and asked if he would like to see my dash-cam footage. He then gave me a verbal warning not to do it again and walked off.

• Haha 1

I was once stopped in a Pattaya afternoon checkpoint for riding with my passenger footpegs down. 200 baht.

Meanwhile, other Thais rode by with no helmets, no licence plates, no lights, 3 up, etc.

LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

I was once stopped in a Pattaya afternoon checkpoint for riding with my passenger footpegs down. 200 baht.

Meanwhile, other Thais rode by with no helmets, no licence plates, no lights, 3 up, etc.

LOL

lol, you were scammed, not fined.

• Like 2