Hackers stealing vaccination appointments for sale to face stiff legal action

webfact

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1PHwirGhFoMPczoIQWbCbFVOyp.jpg

Thailand’s Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has promised stiff legal action against hackers who allegedly stole information, from the computer system of a mobile phone service provider, about people who have registered for vaccination at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station vaccination centre and offered the appointments for sale for between 500-1,000 baht each.

The minister said today that the hacking has been detected by the mobile phone company and a complaint has been filed with the police asking them to track down the hackers whom, he added, may face imprisonment of up to 10 years on conviction.

He said that police will also investigate whether there are any officials involved in this illegal activity.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/hackers-stealing-vaccination-appointments-for-sale-to-face-stiff-legal-action/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I thought the title said Hookers stealing appointments and thought they meant on walking street or beach road, but then I realized my mistake when I read it would be more than a photo and 500 buaht fine.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister said today that the hacking has been detected by the mobile phone company and a complaint has been filed with the police asking them to track down the hackers whom, he added, may face imprisonment of up to 10 years on conviction.

He said that police will also investigate whether there are any officials involved in this illegal activity.

For a minute I thought they were going after Tinder, POF and Line.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The amount of scamming in this country is ridiculous

Yes, but it is wider than that..... weren't there some people in the UK knocking on elderly peoples doors offering paid for Covid vaccinations early on? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but it is wider than that..... weren't there some people in the UK knocking on elderly peoples doors offering paid for Covid vaccinations early on? 

There are low life everywhere.

Here is there activities are, how shall we say, more likely to be unofficially tolerated if the price is right.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Should have warned me I nearly lost mt breakfast????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has promised stiff legal action against hackers who allegedly stole information, from the computer system of a mobile phone service provider, about people who have registered for vaccination at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station vaccination centre and offered the appointments for sale for between 500-1,000 baht each.

Inventive little buggers!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has promised stiff legal action against hackers who allegedly stole information,

Probably only happen in conformative Asia. Will never happen in democractic freedom loving west.