Phuket worker camps targeted in COVID crackdown

webfact

1627531722_1-org.jpg

Workers camps across Phuket are being targeted to contain any spread of COVID-19. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew inspected workers’ camps across the island yesterday (July 28) to see the disease control measures in effect at each camp following 13 workers at a camp in Patong testing positive, prompting officials to place the camp under one-month ‘Bubble and Seal’ isolation.

Joining Governor Narong to inspect a workers camp on site at a waterpark under construction in Kathu were Kathu District Chief Trithip Sakulpradit and officers from the Office of Disease Prevention and Control Region 11, based in Nakhon Sri Thammarat, reported the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket).

Wanna Sangtuang, the company staffer responsible for managing the camp, told officials that there are 450 workers currently staying on site, including Myanmar nationals and Cambodians.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-worker-camps-targetted-in-covid-crackdown-80850.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-29

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Chicken brains running the island. Camps are breeding grounds for the Chinese Virus clusters. How in this world they can allow this is a Sandbox program ? Nobody needs this f*** water park for the next 5 years to come. Only in Thailand where stupidity rules.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

yet another case of blame the migrant when it is clear there is community spread in Phucket amongst the Thai population

Nonsense, plenty of Thai workers there as well. They're simply isolating an infected area, makes sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense, plenty of Thai workers there as well. They're simply isolating an infected area, makes sense to me.

the use of the word migrant tells all no matter what you think is nonsense

• Confused 1

Having successfully navigated the covid ravaged UK for 18 months needing no tests or knowing anyone that's been infected the sandbox should be a breeze touch wood I think maybe probably it will wont it ????

9 hours ago, smedly said:

the use of the word migrant tells all no matter what you think is nonsense

Maybe you should distinguish between immigrant and migrant. In the op the talk is about migrants, not immigrants.

So yes, your post was totally nonsense.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Maybe you should distinguish between immigrant and migrant. In the op the talk is about migrants, not immigrants.

So yes, your post was totally nonsense.

now who is talking complete nonsense maybe you should review my post again and correct your rambling inaccurate NONSENSE

next nonsense from you and you go on my ignore list - I have no time for reading made up baiting  tripe

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

now who is talking complete nonsense maybe you should review my post again and correct your rambling inaccurate NONSENSE

next nonsense from you and you go on my ignore list - I have no time for reading made up baiting  tripe

Yes please.

See your post, first you're chastigating the government for isolating a migrant camp, then you're drawing the conclusion they're not blaming the Thai population.

So yes, you're very much confusing migrant and immigrant.

• Confused 1