OK who has already had their jab at MedPark Hospital?

grain

Any of you had your jabs at MedPark got some feedback for us? 

How was the set up there? Was it crowded? Was it fast or slow? Which vax did you get? Were you given a choice? 

Seen a bunch of posts.

I'm too lazy to search for them right now.

My vaguest recollection was that it was a good place to get vaccinated, and got generally positive reviews. Don't recall anything negative. It's a t the top of my list, if/when the Gods wish it.

• Like 1

I have gotten my two jabs at MedPark.  The last one on July 3.  I found it to be a good experience, fairly quick and efficient. 

The only thing I regret is I got two of the Sinovac.  They gave me a choice of Sinovac or Astra Zeneca.  The said at that time I probably could not get the second jab of Astra for probably 16 weeks.  I thought that was too long.  But I think the waiting time for the second one is sooner now.

Good luck getting the vaccine and what ever you choose to do.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I have gotten my two jabs at MedPark.  The last one on July 3.  I found it to be a good experience, fairly quick and efficient. 

The only thing I regret is I got two of the Sinovac.  They gave me a choice of Sinovac or Astra Zeneca.  The said at that time I probably could not get the second jab of Astra for probably 16 weeks.  I thought that was too long.  But I think the waiting time for the second one is sooner now.

Good luck getting the vaccine and what ever you choose to do.

My appointment at MedPark is Mid August. I wrote them this week and they said I could get AstraZeneca and the the wait time between doses would be 12 weeks.  Still a bit longer than i wish. 

• Like 1

I had my first jab of AstraZeneca there on June 24th. It was very efficient and with plenty of social distancing in place. I was in and out in about 1½ hours. The second jab was scheduled for 12 weeks later. All the staff had a pretty good grasp of English. I recommend it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I just called Medpark and their allocation for vaccines is now full. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can go to get mine (preferraby astra)? Thanks

I think your best bet is to keep checking the thailandintervac site everyday until new openings come up.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I just called Medpark and their allocation for vaccines is now full. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can go to get mine (preferraby astra)? Thanks

60yr or older? Or conditions?

This list is open:

https://form.jotform.com/212021330826441

Just can't tell whether passport nr. is enough or tax id/Thai id/pinkcard also necessary.

36 minutes ago, rwill said:

I think your best bet is to keep checking the thailandintervac site everyday until new openings come up.

This is good advice. I just kept on trying on the Thailand Intervac site and an appointment date appeared while I was looking at the screen, after seeing no dates available up until 2023. It was just pure luck. I'm just under 60, but have a pre-existing condition. 

Have an appt about mid month also.  Driving down from CM and stop before going into a deep red zone and spend the night.  Get up and drive the rest of the way, get the shot, and get the heck out of BKK.  Reports are the way MedPark is handling things is much more organized with distancing and such as oppose to Bang Sue (would never go to such a cattle call during a pandemic).  E-mailed MedPark today to confirm again appt date and time and what shot.  They e-mailed back quickly saying appt is good and the shot is AZ. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

My appointment at MedPark is Mid August. I wrote them this week and they said I could get AstraZeneca and the the wait time between doses would be 12 weeks.  Still a bit longer than i wish. 

Latest medical data indicates that 12 weeks is the optimum period between jabs for greatest efficacy. Remember that after the first jab it will be 28 days for the body to develop the antibodies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early June - Med Park - Mor Promp booking. Astra Zenica 

Very organised, received vaccine within 5mins of arriving. 

Observed the 30min waiting period then left. 

Not crowded, but they had an ‘efficient’ movement of people. 

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Canada found 12 weeks between doses was the sweet spot for protection. As safe as it gets 2 weeks after second dose. Wait 4 weeks after if, by some miracle, you're in a place with mRNA.

Follow up vaccine 12 weeks later - not needed (received mRNA vaccine outside of Thailand in early July). 

But have to have anther ‘second' Pfizer dose next week (to secure vaccine certification of both doses).

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Have an appt about mid month also.  Driving down from CM and stop before going into a deep red zone and spend the night.  Get up and drive the rest of the way, get the shot, and get the heck out of BKK.  Reports are the way MedPark is handling things is much more organized with distancing and such as oppose to Bang Sue (would never go to such a cattle call during a pandemic).  E-mailed MedPark today to confirm again appt date and time and what shot.  They e-mailed back quickly saying appt is good and the shot is AZ. 

Good info, thanks. I have my appointment next Sat, so like you I'll email the hospital tomorrow to confirm the appointment. I definitely want AZ as Australian PM just announced on TV that Chinese vaccines are not recognized, and I want to return in 2022 as fully vaxed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grain said:

Good info, thanks. I have my appointment next Sat, so like you I'll email the hospital tomorrow to confirm the appointment. I definitely want AZ as Australian PM just announced on TV that Chinese vaccines are not recognized, and I want to return in 2022 as fully vaxed. 

Hoping for this shot and then a Moderna shot scheduled for Oct which would be just right as I need to head back to the US at the beginning of Jan. for work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kennw said:

Latest medical data indicates that 12 weeks is the optimum period between jabs for greatest efficacy. Remember that after the first jab it will be 28 days for the body to develop the antibodies. 

I've been cooped up in self lockdown in a small village in Korat for the past 17 months, I'm not the village type at all and do not enjoy my life here, but I do realize it's a pretty safe spot to be in. Anyway, next Sat first jab of AZ, then 2nd jab after 12 weeks, that will be in Nov, then I wait a further month after that for full antibodies to develop. Then that's it. In Jan 2022 I'm moving to Pattaya or Hua Hin. 

19 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

yep, I sent them an email this morning just confirming I'll be there next Sat. Got a reply back soon, very nice reply, giving me details about parking my car and which entrance to take to the vac center. Also told me I'll be getting AZ which is great to know. 

• Like 1