60 day extension of stay to visit your wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension

Good afternoon board members,

Here I sit in Korat waiting to process my extension of stay based on marriage. 400K baht in the bank but not able to process the Kor 22. With the ongoing covid-19 scare, my wife is afraid to leave the house. So I guess I need to process a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife or a 60 day covid-19 extension as my current visa expires on 25 August. What paperwork will I need?

• Haha 1

Are you starting from the beginning to get a Kor Ror 22 or do you just need a printout of it. Getting a printout does not take very long. You could get the printout yourself.

Best to apply for the covid 19 extension extension since you can only do one to visit your wife per entry to the country. Best to save the 60 extension for later.

I have to start the kor 22 from the beginning as I need to go to Bangkok embassy for affidavit of marriage and certify my passport. What form do I need for covid 19 extension. As I understand I need to apply for an extension 15 days prior expiration which should be 10 August.

13 minutes ago, oceanbreeze851 said:

I have to start the kor 22 from the beginning as I need to go to Bangkok embassy for affidavit of marriage and certify my passport. What form do I need for covid 19 extension. As I understand I need to apply for an extension 15 days prior expiration which should be 10 August.

You use the standard TM7 form used for all extension applications.

There is no minimum of 15 days to do the application. It can be done up to the last day.

You can complete this affidavit before you apply. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 534 downloads

On 7/30/2021 at 11:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

You use the standard TM7 form used for all extension applications.

There is no minimum of 15 days to do the application. It can be done up to the last day.

You can complete this affidavit before you apply. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 534 downloads

Hi Ubon,

I just read a news in Thai. It states that the Chaeng Wattana(CW) Immi Office , imposes new restriction on the visa extension dates before the expiry coz of covid outbreak.

The earliest date of visa extension is " 3 days before expiry ".

But only 1 news broadcasts , I don't find any other media mention that :

https://www.banmuang.co.th/news/crime/242760

Have you seen any other newspaper double-confirm that policy ?

Thank you !

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why look in a newspaper for info. It is posted on the immigration website. And it has been discussed in several topics on this forum.

บก ตม1

Source: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

The 3 days before is only for long stay extensions.

Thank you for your reply

I am a STV holder, have extended visa twice already.

270 days is nearly spent out (Aug 16).

Now wonna apply for covid visa extension for 60 days, in the coming week

In the announcement ,  it states " all long stay extension" .

(Covid visa) is not long stay extension , so covid visa will not be affected right ?

I still can go (eg. Aug 2) in any day of 45 days before expiry (Aug 16) ? 

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Haha 2

1 hour ago, Haha 2 said:

Now wonna apply for covid visa extension for 60 days, in the coming week

In the announcement ,  it states " all long stay extension" .

(Covid visa) is not long stay extension , so covid visa will not be affected right ?

I still can go (eg. Aug 2) in any day of 45 days before expiry (Aug 16) ? 

Short term extensions of stay (it not a visa) are normally applied for a couple of weeks early.

You could could try and get the extension this week but I do not think you will get one. I have seen no reports of anybody getting a 60 day covid 19 extension for a entry from a STV.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Short term extensions of stay (it not a visa) are normally applied for a couple of weeks early.

You could could try and get the extension this week but I do not think you will get one. I have seen no reports of anybody getting a 60 day covid 19 extension for a entry from a STV.

The first visitor by STV to Thailand should be the end of October , 2020.

270 days later is the end of July , 2021.

I also have not found any post or news on application of covid visa from a STV holder.

I will tell you the result soon. Thank you !