COE update please - still being granted for BKK arrivals?

I'm in Canada, have an extension of stay (retirement) based on Non-OA visa, good until next February.  Also have a multiple re-entry permit.  Applied for COE to head to Phuket Sandbox, haven't yet got pre-approval and with the bad news about Covid in Phuket threatening the Sandbox program, and Qatar Airways constantly canceling/changing my flight to there, I'm considering forgetting about Phuket and heading to BKK.  But I've heard some people are having trouble getting COE's for BKK (possibly because of the pandemic but unclear).  Any recent experience out there?

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

I have seen nothing about COE's not being issued for arrival in Bangkok. There has been no announcement about it.

The covid outbreak is not all that bad in Phuket but it is getting close to the number they set for allowing it.

There have been no announcements that suggest applying for COEs to enter an ASQ has changed, becoming either easier or more difficult. If people cannot get COEs, it is usually because they do not meet the requirements.