Purchasing Land Or Houses In Si Racha And Chonburi Area? Help Please.

Nip

I have been living here in Phuket for the past 8 years and I think it is time for me to move on. There are many reasons but the main one is the low standard of schooling here and of course the exorbitent school fees demanded. It is easy to understand why many Thai's grasp of the English language is so poor after reading one of my daughters work books earlier this week. I recall when the Italian manager Claudio Raneiri joined Chelsea that Dennis Wise was interviewed as to how the new manager would cope with speaking English. Dennis replied. "That wont be a problem I will learn him!"

That all said I am appealing for help. I am interested in purchasing either land with a view to building or an existing property. The only pre requisite is that the property must have an un-obstructed sea view and be between Si Racha and Rayong. Please can somebody help me. I have tried to locate local Estate Agents and failed miserably.

Many thanks! Nip

The only pre requisite is that the property must have an un-obstructed sea view and be between Si Racha and Rayong. Please can somebody help me. I have tried to locate local Estate Agents and failed miserably.

Many thanks! Nip

Local estate agents such as Northern Thai Property or East Coast Realty cater for some of the upper-end properties, but your best bet is to come down here, pick up on or two of the local property magazines (free at Friendship and other supermarkets) and go round to the agents you think will find somethiong in your price range and specification.

You'll seldom find sea-view properties lingering on the market for long.

There is a huge amount of choice in and around Pattaya for property of all kinds it is definitely a buyers market. You should take a look at the Vineyard project (www.siamdevelopments.com) one of the best value for money houses you can buy with top quality building and finish hard to beat and certainly good for comparison to other properties in the price range. It is not by the sea but it is literally 5 minutes from Regents international school which is a very highly rated school with fantastic facilities on campus and you are also a stones throw from the main Rayong to Sriracha highway; well worth a look in your position I would say.

Local estate agents such as Northern Thai Property or East Coast Realty cater for some of the upper-end properties, but your best bet is to come down here, pick up on or two of the local property magazines (free at Friendship and other supermarkets) and go round to the agents you think will find somethiong in your price range and specification.

You'll seldom find sea-view properties lingering on the market for long.

Many thanks for your reply and to the other members too! I have taken all your comments on board! As an aside I stayed in the Tide Resort Chonburi about two weeks ago and the 'war office' approached the girls at the hotel reception saying she was looking for land - blah blah blah. Within the hour some Thai man telephones the room and says he has a rai of land in Chonburi 50 metres from the sea shore and he was looking for 3 million Baht. The missus asked him to hold on a minute while she discussed the matter with me. In the instant he heard her talking English to me he announced that he had a call on the other line and that he would ring her back in 15 minutes. Well youve probably guesssed it? When he called back he had of course made a mistake and the land was actually 8 million a rai...

Best wishes and thanks again!

Nip

There is a huge amount of choice in and around Pattaya for property of all kinds it is definitely a buyers market. You should take a look at the Vineyard project (www.siamdevelopments.com) one of the best value for money houses you can buy with top quality building and finish hard to beat and certainly good for comparison to other properties in the price range. It is not by the sea but it is literally 5 minutes from Regents international school which is a very highly rated school with fantastic facilities on campus and you are also a stones throw from the main Rayong to Sriracha highway; well worth a look in your position I would say.

Many thanks for your reply. I will certainly check out the Vineyard project thank you! To be honest I chose Chonburi because it seems to have a good selection of schools. I visited the Catholic Christian Brothers School which appears would be fine for my son 6 years and the convent school in close proximity would probably suit my daughter aged 9. I know that money should not be a consideration in matters such as schooling but it would be cheaper by half to enroll both kids in the Chonburi boarding school than continue here in Phuket. The school they go to here in Phuket is an International School with the kids being taught thru English. The only problem being there are perhaps on 3 or 4 native speakers. My daughters teachers are Thai and Italian neither of which could order a pizza in English. The Italian rang me one day and it took me 3 minutes and I joke not to realise that the woman was actually speaking English... My sons teachers are Philipino, Indian and Thai. The biggest concern is the text books. They may look like English but it certainly is not the Queen's English. Sorry that would be a bad example. It is in a word jibberish! English Thai style!

Thanks again...