3 years work permit, what about visa?

The work permit is handled by the labor department, the extension of stay by the immigration department. They have their own requirements. I’ve never heard anyone getting an extension longer than a year though, even with a work permit longer than 1 year. 

Edited by Gulfsailor

9 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Maximum extension of stay that I received is 2 years based on my 2 years work permit. 

That's great - I'd like to do something similar if possible.  Which Immigration office gave the two year extension - is it CW, or do you use One Stop Service or work for a BOI privileged company?

11 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

The work permit is handled by the labor department, the extension of stay by the immigration department. They have their own requirements. I’ve never heard anyone getting an extension longer than a year though, even with a work permit longer than 1 year. 

Renewed both my WP and extension last month, I got 2 years on each.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

I get two year visa extensions and work permits - Non-Imm B (BOI). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misty said:

That's great - I'd like to do something similar if possible.  Which Immigration office gave the two year extension - is it CW, or do you use One Stop Service or work for a BOI privileged company?

I work for BOI privileged company in Ayutthaya so I have to use Ayutthaya Immigration office. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Foek said:

i have a non b ,own company. Work Permit 2 year, extension visa always 1 year. Can i do 2 year next time for extension Udon Joe?

Not unless your company is a BOI or a company allowed to use immigrations one stop center.

• Thanks 1