Covid Vaccine Alert From American Embassy

swm59nj

I just received a Health Alert from the US Embassy.  It is for Pre-Registration for the Covid Vaccine.  It gives a list of hospitals and instructions.  It makes it clear the Embassy has no direct involvement in it. It also says the only vaccines available will be Sinovac and Astra Seneca.

When I read this alert.  Im wondering now how the rest of all the Pfizer vaccine will be given after the medical staff get their jabs.  Since there is no mention of Pfizer.

Edited by swm59nj
add more information

they just gave confirmation - no pfizer.

no point to have any hopes for it.

Still, they will be sending yet another 1mln of pfizer as a donation.

As I remember chinse did the same trick - first gift 500k of sinovac without any conditions, followed by another 500k for chinese citizens

Edited by internationalism

Sent to allertsbkk mail list, think I'm on that from S.T.E.P.

There are other nnnnkbkk mail lists incl covidbkk, no clue why they didn't use that one.

This simply announces a pre-registration website which will be replaced/complemented by another website today at 11:00

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

[email protected]
Sat, Jul 31, 4:29 PM (15 hours ago)
to

Seal with white background

Event: Pre-Register to Receive COVID-19 Vaccine 

Please be informed that U.S. citizens should monitor the website below for updates regarding pre-registration for COVID-19 vaccinations.  The website will be updated as more vaccines and hospitals enter the program.

For pre-registration information, please click on this link: https://thailandintervac.com/public.php

Please Note:  By registering with this website, your information is going directly to the Thai Government and hospital coordinating officials, not the U.S. Embassy. The U.S. Embassy will not have access to information on the form.

15 hours ago, swm59nj said:

When I read this alert.  Im wondering now how the rest of all the Pfizer vaccine will be given after the medical staff get their jabs.  Since there is no mention of Pfizer.

The Pfizer-palooza tickets will go on sale 9 August.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Heng said:

Kind of a let down to get these messages when you're hoping for something special and separate, but it's a helpful alert nonetheless.

Not only that, I think they sent the wrong email last night, referencing intervac, then sent another email this morning referencing expatvac.

Think somebody screwed up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomPap said:

A little over an hour ago the American Embassy sent out a correction notice on that message….

Wrong link to register……need to use https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

I tried and it gave me a server error twice and then tried again after entering my email address

that my email address has already been used……!!!??? Go figure.

Were you not already registered on the Embassy notification site ? If you were then you may need to "login" using whatever password associated. If you were not how did you get the notification?

My message was to login and update/confirm location is still in Thailand because registered details will be automatically forwarded by the Embassy to the Thai organization if my age is in the age range 60-74.(Presumably for compiling numbers requiring AZ ).

Not the US Embassy in my case but I guess the process is reasonably generic.