Seat Belts In An Extra Cab Pickup

Hi All,

I'm buying a new 2 door pick up next month as I can't afford a 4 door and I don't want a second hand one. I want to fit lap belts in the back so that my children have some form of safety. Has anyone done this before? Would Toyota, Nissan etc fit them for me if I provide the belts? If I fitted them myself would this void any warranty?

In an ideal world I would spend the extra 100,000 or so and buy a 4 door pick up but even these don't seem to have child locks on the doors.

Any comments on this subject would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks Nick.

Yeah, don't use lap belts. Believe it was proven in some tests that they can do a fair bit of harm.

Had an old Bedford CF van a few years ago which had a lap belt. Didn't like the thought of what would happen to my daughter in an accident, before I read about the test, so chucked it out and made a support for a proper belt at the perfect height.

A little bit of thought then find someone with some decent welding skills and you should be able to come up with something which will work. Should even be able to make it height adjustable if you plan to keep the vehicle

In the rear of my Mitsubishi Triton there are no seat belts but the fixtures are

there to fit rear seat belts.

If you are buying a new vehicle you should be able to order them fitted from the

factory but TIT.

Ask your dealer but don't hold your breath.