Opinion from long term contributors sought.

18 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

You have been around and contributed for years. Tell me what alternative you are looking for?

I want things to go back to the way they were. Not interested in other sites, I liked this one just the way it was. You hit the nail on the head in your OP. 

Unfortunately, things have changed. 

• Like 1

Thailand Core Content & Structure appears Unchanged.

Ignore non- thailand forums or anything of no interest.

Complaining about archiving 10 year OP, “broadening horizon” & site name change seems petty & silly......... 

this forum appears operated as a for- profit business, simply being re- focused / expanded for increased advertising revenue, I suppose......

Its all been said and covered before ad nauseum. The collated news is useful and thats the only reason I still contribute but it's no big deal to me. If it went up in smoke tomorrow , no big deal. News is still out there , just not collated so conveniently.

Some posts commenting on moderation have been removed.  

As to the following:

• I gained a lot of valuable insight from members of an apolitical, community spirited membership. In 2019 things changed, my pinned topic on pigs was 'restarted' in 2019 when everything was archived and the topic's 10 year history was wiped unless people were prepared to dig for it.

Archiving of topics is common for topics that have been around for years. For the most part, topics are archived as the topics have not had replies for awhile and maybe some of the members have moved along in which new replies to the topics are redundant as some of the members are not around to answer new questions. 

Maybe a better place to address this situation would be in the Forum Support Desk.

//Closed//