AZ jab in Phetchabun - No drama

CharlieH

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

It was done at the Govt offices near the Amphur.

The local Phu yai baan came around collecting info about 3 weeks ago then came back 3 days ago with a number and appointment time to attend.

i didnt have to do anything, except turn up,it was all done for me.

Documents required was pink ID card on the day, Yellow book and ID when they cam for info initially.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, what documentation did you get to say you'd had the jab ( ie for travel purposed )?

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks, what documentation did you get to say you'd had the jab ( ie for travel purposed )?

Yes was given like a certificate type thing completed and stamped with next date Oct for 2nd jab.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The local Phu yai baan came around collecting info about 3 weeks ago then came back 3 days ago with a number and appointment time to attend.

Documents required was pink ID card on the day, Yellow book and ID when they cam for info initially.

Hope that helps.

Good to hear Phetchabun city had it organized. Not quite the same up here in Khao Kho where we were told on Sunday to turn up yesterday, with the usual Thai organization with not enough helpers. Without the wife would not have known what was going on, many Thais were the same, but still got it all done in 2 hours which is not bad.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I live in Phetchabun Province also and got my 1st AZ jab on Jun 7. at the Amphur compound. I registered for it via the Mor Prom app. The requirements were over 60 and pink card.

My 2nd jab is scheduled for 27 Sep, but hopefully that date will be moved up.

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 1

yes same here had mine in july AZ got my next in October  like yourself phetchabun did it well wife took an hour off work drove me to the centre  full check up .. didn't wait .. another check 30 minutes after the injection and my other half was back on her way to work  Has to earn keep her hubby  here bless her ha  well done all those in phetchabun..

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, CharlieH said:

Hope that helps.

my wife registered on line here in phetchabun got the appointment .no problems at all very professional..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, billsmart said:

Yes, I live in Phetchabun Province also and got my 1st AZ jab on Jun 7. at the Amphur compound. I registered for it via the Mor Prom app. The requirements were over 60 and pink card.

My 2nd jab is scheduled for 27 Sep, but hopefully that date will be moved up.

I got mine on June 8. at Kantharalak, Sisaket also via Mor Prom and was scheduled for the 2. jab on October 8.

But a couple of weeks ago my wife got a line message from a friend with new dates set by the local hospital and now I am scheduled for August 31. for 2. jab. 

So perhaps You should inquire at your hospital if there is set a new date for You.

19 hours ago, perconrad said:

I got mine on June 8. at Kantharalak, Sisaket also via Mor Prom and was scheduled for the 2. jab on October 8.

But a couple of weeks ago my wife got a line message from a friend with new dates set by the local hospital and now I am scheduled for August 31. for 2. jab. 

So perhaps You should inquire at your hospital if there is set a new date for You.

Perconrad, Thanks for your reply and advice.

I did contact the local authorities about two weeks ago. They did say they were intending reduce the time between jabs, and would SMS me when they had enough vaccine to move up my 2nd jab appointment. So far, though, I've heard nothing. If I don't hear anything by the end of this month, I'll go back and ask again.

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Registered through local health volunteer early July - nothing since.

Registered with expatvac.consular 2 August - nothing since.

Registered with ThailandIntervac (Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen) 28 August with provisional date of 5 September - nothing since.

Friends who have tried to register with local hospitals have been told "Thai first".

One who is 70+ with serious problems, had a home visit one evening telling him to go next morning for AstraZenica, when he arrived it was "no have" Sinovac only, guess his AZ was given to somebody with better connections.

Now they are saying no access to restaurants (and presumably will add more locations) in Deep Red Zones unless double jabbed from 1 October. I seriously doubt if I'll manage to get one jab by then let alone 2.

11 hours ago, nupersoodles said:

Anyone know if Thai nationals in their 50s (no underlying conditions) are eligible yet? Near Lom Sak. Local hospital appears to have Sinopharm but no info how to register, or whether under 60s can yet. Would much prefer Astra-Zaneca if possible, obviously.

Wife had a phonecall to go get a vax last week (in phetchabun)

• Thanks 1