Bank Account for Extension based on Retirement

My extension is based upon retirement using the monthly transfer of pensions of over 65,000 baht from UK. Must the Thai Bank Account (Bangkok Bank) be solely in my name or can it be  a Joint Account of my Thai wife and myself ?

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

No. Sole account only.

Ideally the IO is looking for the same amount coming in around the same date each month.

Yes indeed, they are incapable of adding up credits applied during each month or are just bone idle, take your pick lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Ideally the IO is looking for the same amount coming in around the same date each month.

It certainly does not have to be the same amount every month. Unless transferring in baht it would vary almost every month due to exchange rate fluctuations. It just has to be equal to or more than 65k baht.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It certainly does not have to be the same amount every month. Unless transferring in baht it would vary almost every month due to exchange rate fluctuations. It just has to be equal to or more than 65k baht.

Just stating what the IO in Buriram said

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Supplementary - I have a retirement 'visa'.  Just been on a vaccine site that asked for my visa type from a dropdown menu of a dozen alternatives.  What should I put?

You would select non immigrant O or OA dependent upon what visa gave you the permit to stay they you have been extending.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would select non immigrant O or OA dependent upon what visa gave you the permit to stay they you have been extending.

That's narrowed it down, thank you.  I've been doing it for 16 years at Jomtien.  It looks like this

20210409_131258.thumb.jpg.9ba5bcbabe8b44eac907d5d33eaf0766.jpg

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

That's narrowed it down, thank you.  I've been doing it for 16 years at Jomtien.  It looks like this

You probably started with a non-o visa. Look at the stamp on the first page of your passport that was done when you transferred your stamps to it. It has a space on it where they entered the type of visa you had then.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You probably started with a non-o visa. Look at the stamp on the first page of your passport that was done when you transferred your stamps to it. It has a space on it where they entered the type of visa you had then.

Found it where you said - non-O it is  I remember coming as a tourist 2005 to visit my son. His girl friend took me to BKK Immigration where I just handed money over when asked (pound sterling was at 73 then!)