The best thing about this covid situation is that the Thai in-laws haven't visited us for ages.

bbabythai

Mama and Papa live in the back house  1 room + shower/toilet. We lived in it for about until the front 

was finished. Now the 14 nephew is in front spare bedroom 24/7 and his little brother sometimes..

After 6 years they know what will spark me off and steer clear most the time. 

They do tonme things that are strange but things they’ve done all their lives... I just try do as they say “don’t think to much” 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I live with mine so it's the opposite for me. They're nice enough but they are not very bright. Before, we'd escape by having weekends away, but instead we're now stuck here having to work from home. My wife is more annoyed by this than I am and things have got heated, but when things go in one ear and out of the other there doesn't appear to be much hope of improvement. 

I feel the same way as you. Ive thought about finding a rental of my own. Either a condo or a house. My wife said its ok. Ive actually been looking. I would go there once or twice a week when Im feel rattled. Maybe you could do the same

• Like 1

I prefer the outlaws coming to me rather then t'other way around. If they are here I Go out for a couple of drinkies ( Or I did before covid ) the wife says ' Good idea ' as she natters non stop to Ma and Pa.  I f I go to Nan to see her folks , I get put on a chair with a revolting Chang in front of me and told by my wife  her sister will make a chicken curry later.. Then her lot start nodding in my direction and my wife goes ' Ka ka ka '.

But after all this travel would be good again...........................just not to Nan.

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:28 PM, bbabythai said:

- Walking around the living areas after a shower in just her towel and shower cap. I dont want to see this. 

My inlaws live 400 metres up the road, never visit which is great, wife goes to them when she wants which is rare, it's just the way it is, however if she is making something special like a gourmet pizza or lamb she will ask me to take it to them on the motorbike, usually around 6.30pm and naturally I will tell the wife to call them to make sure the gate is open and that I am on my way.

Upon my arrival, I have to walk down the side driveway because the front door is always locked, I make enough noise to let them know that I am coming as they sit outside at the rear, do you think they give a rats a$$, mother in law sitting there in the chair with the biggest jugs hanging out in their full glory while combing her hair as she has just come out the shower, husband sitting in the other chair with full view of me coming down the driveway on foot to make the delivery, you would think he would say something to her, but no, me having to look at the stars when I see her big jugs exposed, while leaving the food on the table and exiting.

Told the wife, her reply, so did you get excited.....lol

For those thinking how lucky, ah nope, she is a big lady and in her 60's, just me luck.

fat guy GIF

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 2

On 8/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, bbabythai said:

Anyone else have any positive items to add?

You're lucky, my MiL came up from Petchabun just before the lock-down.

She's been stuck here two months now.

Used to walk around the house all day topless ........ took me a year to stop that.

• Haha 1