Schools open?

14 hours ago, Captain Vas Deferens said:

Are the schools open in Bangkok ATM? 

Last I heard from my daughters International School, Bangkok Prep, they plan on starting on September 9th, with a hybrid attendance, one day at school, the next at home. This was before they extended the lockdown until the end of August, so you guess is good as anyone's.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, 2long said:

You are having a laugh! ????????????????????

Thai schools won't open until Term 2 (November) at the earliest.

International Schools MIGHT open in September or October, but I doubt it.

My daughters have completed three whole weeks of on-site school in 2021, but they're well versed in TikTok and Instathing.

Exactly the same, Maybe  one month last year , and two whole days this year. My daughter has 680

+ followers on Tiktok and youtube is her addiction.  She is 6 years old.  I can't complain she has learned so much in English from it. She speaks better English than her mother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really don't see how schools will open this year (2021-2). Covid numbers set records daily as more importantly deaths. Thai teachers at best have one worthless Sinovac vaccine. Most foreign teachers I suspect are not vaccinated.

Especially in better schools if you get covid you probably won't teach again for years until it dawns on the morons everyone will have had covid.

Of course, if you get covid you'll be packed off to hospital jail and asked for 500k to cover your forced incarceration. So, don't be so quick to return to that 30k job.

I could easily see it being term 2 NEXT year.

Vaccine situation is a total disaster and that's ok. It's the lockdowns, masks, faux science and for farang...forced hospitalization.