Bangkok to Roi Et Covid Rules

PauloSic

Hi Everyone,

Reaching out to you in the hope that somebody can advise me on travelling restrictions going from Bangkok to Roi Et. Im currently 'stuck' in Bangkok separated form my wife, I permanently live in Roi Et with my wife. I cannot seem to find any clear information on what the rules are for entering Roi ET. Is it possible for my wife to drive by car to come pick me up in Bangkok, would the both of us have to quarantine when we arrive back in Roi Et? Can we just isolate at home or hotel or will it be like a government facility? Do I need to announce my arrival back to Roi Et, to whom? Would I need to present a negative Covid test? What if I already received the vaccine....

My wife seems to be confident that the both of us would need to quarantine separately 2 weeks in some villages facility.... and that there is no way to make this journey without having to quarantine. 

I would appreciate all information from you!

Thanks
Paulo

It will be up to your village head to determine if you can quarantine at home or a village facility. Better to have your wife ask beforehand. She can drive to Bangkok and back as there are no other means of public transportation at this time. You will just need to fill the online travel document for traveling to other provinces encase you get stopped at a checkpoint.

Edited by nightfox
  • Like 1

I'm not sure but I think you can both quarantine at home. I'm basing this on what my wife told me recently so it might have changed and we are in Mahasarakham. I think the decision is down to the head of the province rather than the village head but again that might be wrong. If you need to check I would start at the provincial level rather than village as as they will be bound by any rules put in place by provincial heads.

• Like 1

Just spoken to my wife and she basically backed what I said in my previous post. She said you should notify the village head but she's sure a lot of Thais don't bother. It's harder for foreigners returning as it's more obvious than a Thais leaving late one night and returning the next day from who knows where. 

Whilst were were discussing this we realised there are a lot of complications some of which might affect us when I return. I don't understand why you and you wife would need to quarantine separately rather than together, if that's what you meant. It did get me thinking though. My plan was to enter through Phuket with my wife spending some time with me but that would have meant her quarantining for 10 days as well as me. That's not a problem for me but it would stop her working. That's not possible now anyway due to the restriction on domestic travel to Phuket. I pointed out that we wouldn't be able to sleep in the same bed (well not using logic anyway) unless she was isolating with me and then there's the problem of how I get home after leaving either Phuket or Bangkok. Flights and bus travel seem to be out at the moment so a rented car looks the only option but since there's no car rental business in Mahasarakham as far as I know I'd need to get home from Khon Kaen somehow.

Hopefully someone else will come up with some help.

• Like 1

We are looking to move to Roi Et soon.  We were advised we'd need to do a 14 day quarantine.  However, if someone already lived there then you could not quarantine there.  Apparently a lot of people are quarantining at their rice farms if they have a wooden hut there ????

• Like 2

My wife is a government worker so she was able to get information from the local government office fairly easily and it appears that we wouldn't have to quarantine on returning to Mahasarakham at the moment. I think she's trying to check this as it doesn't seem to make much sense. As far as she could tell Roi Et is different as it's a higher risk area so quarantine is needed. Again this doesn't make much sense but that's often the case. I still think if there's 2 of you then quarantining together should be OK. As StateSix says some people are isolating in huts on their land.

The Roi Et health department would be the best place to check, either by phone or website if they have one.

Best of luck

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PauloSic said:

Thank you so much everyone! Appreciate all the comments. Im still at a loss what to do, seems like i will have to wait out the Bangkok lockdown….i dont know. 

You can leave Bangkok but are likely to need to quarantine at home in Roi Et.