Renting Fitness Machines in Chiang Mai? I might like to rent a Stair Stepper machine. Where to rent for home delivery? Must be good quality, such as ProForm with flywheel/magnetic resistance.

GammaGlobulin

Maybe now is a good time to rent a fitness machine, such as a high quality stairstepper with good design.

Rowing machines are good.

However, concerning the stairstepper, magnetic resistance is preferred, and then maybe a flywheel design would be OK.

Any ideas about where to rent?

Monthly rental cost?

It is hard to beat a stair stepper for endurance training (IMHO).

The rowing machines are OK, but you cannot get the same workout as one gets in a single scull, and so, for my purposes, the stairstepper is the way to go while using it indoors.

I have not seen any shells on the Ping river, but this might be an option for those who don't mind carrying their shell on their back from the car to the river, and then launching it.

During COVID, I would think that the stairstepper  in an air conditioned room can't be beat.

Any info could be helpful to many housebound folks, these days.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Why not with a good quality machine?

If you use CONCEPT2....Then...OK....  But, the cost is high, and I don't know if Concept2 is rented in Thailand.

Shopee has them for Bt.65,000.00

Still, I prefer to use the Stepper machine, because I want to just work on legs/balance/endurance.

1280px-Concept2_Indoor_Rowers.jpg.041ede0ce218a77789a1d656ca0baca3.jpg

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

I imported a Concept2 rower direct from their headquarters in Vermont- this is going back a few years, but, even with customs duties and shipping, it was only ~40k delivered.  It could be pricier these days, but I bet it's still cheaper than buying it locally,

Also, not sure if they rent, but this cardio equipment dealer opened last month on the Middle Ring Road just down and across from Big C (coming from Mae Hia- you'd pass Big C on the left and it's about 1km farther on the right).  Zero idea of quality either, but it might be worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/shuhuafitness

BF340436-232C-4381-B3F1-7122A0C116E5.jpeg.1b606802f9e9d4b9a491acb96b06257a.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flare said:

I imported a Concept2 rower direct from their headquarters in Vermont- this is going back a few years, but, even with customs duties and shipping, it was only ~40k delivered.  It could be pricier these days, but I bet it's still cheaper than buying it locally,

Also, not sure if they rent, but this cardio equipment dealer opened last month on the Middle Ring Road just down and across from Big C (coming from Mae Hia- you'd pass Big C on the left and it's about 1km farther on the right).  Zero idea of quality either, but it might be worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/shuhuafitness

BF340436-232C-4381-B3F1-7122A0C116E5.jpeg.1b606802f9e9d4b9a491acb96b06257a.jpeg

The Shua stuff, which might be made by Xiaomi, at least the stair stepper machine, does not use either a flywheel or a electromagnetic resistance. Without a flywheel, it would not be suitable for any type of endurance training.

159e41469a87ff5ab6869c5e40ffa5d8.jpg.80ddff3c3b6a82af334e8a03f32598ed.jpg

Edited by GammaGlobulin

To be honest I havent seen any fitness equipment for rent ever. I own several cardio machines (concept 2 model D, assault air bike, and a cross trainer). Rowers are brutal so are assault bikes the cross trainer is easier (but have to move it to my new home these things are hard to transport).

Just think you will have a hard time finding something you can rent. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just think you will have a hard time finding something you can rent. 

That is the issue but it is easier to avoid it and go on and on about the relative merits of fly wheels.  

Rowing tanks!!! Return to earth someday.

• Haha 1

Two examples of steppers which might be acceptable.

(But, I hate screens.) Too many electronics on this thing, which is unnecessary for exercise, in my thinking. 

pasted image 0.png

pasted image 0 (1).png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

4 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

That is the issue but it is easier to avoid it and go on and on about the relative merits of fly wheels.  

Rowing tanks!!! Return to earth someday.

I have had a home gym in Thailand for years so i know where to buy and what to buy. But I really havent seen any stuff up for rent. I also think if he can find it it will be really expensive. Anyway i doubt it maybe he should contact some gyms to see if they rent it out.

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have had a home gym in Thailand for years so i know where to buy and what to buy. But I really havent seen any stuff up for rent. I also think if he can find it it will be really expensive. Anyway i doubt it maybe he should contact some gyms to see if they rent it out.

I was thinking....during the present situation with lockdowns....maybe some equipment suppliers, or gyms as you say, might have equipment that they no longer need, or not in use.  So, as you say, I should call some fitness centers, or maybe the distributor of Blowflex, etc.

In some countries, it is possible to rent almost anything, but maybe not here.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

The Nine Fitness on Hang Dong Road (about 2km past Makro on the same side going toward HD) has a 'for sale' sign on it, and it looks like all the equipment is still there.  In this environment, it's likely going to be a while before they sell it- maybe make an inquiry to see if they'll rent one of their machines for a while.

From their Google Maps page:

0A3BAC19-AFEB-4C0D-AF1D-A76DFB70C9DB.jpeg.cd5f39ef08b8691cb8c5a42eb662f4b0.jpeg

• Like 1