Swiss woman murdered at Ao Yon waterfalls?

simonphuket

5 minutes ago, schlog said:

It's on FB on Newshawk Phuket.

It's on Dailynews.co.th.

They say she is a French (?) woman.

Likely a sandbox tourist with wristband or so.

Raped and murdered.

Lying for about three days.

I think the Dailynews is all wrong.

The business card that they found is for a member of Swiss official (?) staff in French language (working for the parliament).

Better wait for clarification.

Edited by KhunBENQ

A murder investigation has been launched by police in Phuket after the body of a woman, believed to be French, was found naked from the waist down at Ton Aow Yon Waterfall today. It's believed she had been raped and dead for at least 3 days.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_6548696

more info on link

Probably the case will be solved within 72 hours as it appears the murder and rape was not planned (opportunistic) with no attempt to hide the body. There would be no doubt plenty of forensic evidence at the scene (including semen) and the killer would be paraded to the media soon. They have to identify a suspect within 72 hours to minimise the damage for the sandbox and international ramification /impact.

I feel this crime will eventually be blamed on Covid (unemployed guy who lost his job due to covid and either drunk or high on drugs or just wanted to steal money to eat). No excuse at all for the crime, just the scenario I imagine will play out. 

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

They have to identify a suspect within 72 hours to minimise the damage for the sandbox and international ramification /impact.

? Not even. Not going minimize  anything. This news will be all over Europe. And of course all the tourist in Phuket . I would not be surprised if there were a mass exodus from Phuket.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, simonphuket said:

Thanks Schlog. also link to dailynews.co.th.

That area near the waterfall is not safe, often punks hanging around there.

So you can't go visit a waterfall safely ???. If the "authorities" in Phuket are allowing "these thai males " to take the tourism industry to ruine then that's what they are asking for and what they deserve.

• Like 2