Almost 100,000 enter home isolation in Bangkok, 20% infection rate in ATK tests

snoop1130

Website-Thumbnail-Set-43.png

A volunteer from the Zendai organization checks the blood oxygen levels of a woman in home isolation in a Covid-19 stricken community in Nong Chok district in the outskirts of Bangkok on July 26, 2021, as hospital beds for infected patients remain scarce across the nation. Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP

Almost 100,000 people in Bangkok have entered home isolation, while 20% of the COVID-19 tests conducted in Bangkok, using Antigen Test Kits (ATK), have returned positive results, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Thursday). 

Home and community isolation programs are designed for infected people who are asymptomatic or have only mild symptoms, as hospitals in Bangkok and many parts of the country are experiencing bed shortages.

In Bangkok, there are currently 232 centres connecting patients in home isolation with medics to watch over them. 64 community isolation facilities have also been established and operated by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), with a combined capacity of 6,958 beds. 43% or 3,015 beds are already occupied, according to CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/almost-100000-enter-home-isolation-in-bangkok-20-infection-rate-in-atk-tests/

Logo-top-.png

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

20% detection rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

makes the 20k a day figure rather insignificant 

Yea thats an incredibly high percentage rate, this wave is still growing fast and there's currently nothing stopping it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, it is what it is said:

while 20% of the COVID-19 tests conducted in Bangkok, using Antigen Test Kits (ATK), have returned positive results,

20% of how many tests carried out?

Hard to pin down, that's a moving target.

• Like 1

"A volunteer from the Zendai organization checks the blood oxygen levels of a woman in home isolation..." per photo description

Those finger testers are about as reliable as a mood ring. Yes, it will show your pulse, but beyond that forget it. If volunteers are suing those and think read out has any validity, they need some basic training.

Those sensors were subject of post the other day & they are junk. My wife got me one. Don't like the reading? Simply place on different fingers until you do!

I just learned today that my 2 old Thai relatives have not been vaccinated and have contracted COVID.

Another Thai relative who has had his 2 shots has also gotten COVID, and I am hoping that he will survive.

I doubt that the 2 older relatives will as they already had health problems. I have had one of my good friends in Canada just die

of COVID, and am still very cautious when I am around other people.  I do hope that the Delta, or Indian variant does not kill

too many people.  Good Luck to you all.

Geezer

On 8/5/2021 at 9:16 PM, smedly said:

20% detection rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

makes the 20k a day figure rather insignificant 

Hopefully there are a lot of false positives here, otherwise we are screwed.

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

Hopefully there are a lot of false positives here, otherwise we are screwed.

was reading yesterday a scientist saying that were are closer to the beginning of this pandemic than the end - he was commenting on the UK so where does that put Thailand