Moving US-SS payment from Bangkok Bank to SCB, help with form SSA-1199-OP107

My Social Security payments currently go to a Bangkok Bank DD account requiring in-person withdraw. I want switch to my long term SCB savings account. I have downloaded form SSA-1199-OP107 (THAILAND) from https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1199-op107.pdf  I've read other threads that suggest this is straight forward but would like to confirm a few things before mailing the form in.

1. Under my signature it asks if I am "the Representative Payee". As it is my SS account I assume I am not my own representative payee, thus answer no. But I find the word 'the' a bit confusing.

2. Section 3, "To be completed by your financial institution". It asks for Bank name, address, acct no, SWIFT code and signature of a bank official.

-- can any branch manager sign this?

-- Does SCB have to do/setup anything? I assume no as it is an ordinary SWIFT deposit.

I want to make sure the branch manager can just sign to avoid a long covid exposed trip to the head office complex.

Many thanks in advance.

1. You tick no. That is if you are doing it for a child or such.

2. I don't think matters who signs at the bank. The signature is only to confirm the info is correct.

The bank has to do nothing more than complete their part of the form.

If you are using your transfers for proof of income it will be more complicated to get proof the transfers from abroad compared to having the the FTT code on your transfers direct to Bangkok Bank.

You will likely need to get credit advices for each transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You tick no. That is if you are doing it for a child or such.

2. I don't think matters who signs at the bank. The signature is only to confirm the info is correct.

The bank has to do nothing more than complete their part of the form.

If you are using your transfers for proof of income it will be more complicated to get proof the transfers from abroad compared to having the the FTT code on your transfers direct to Bangkok Bank.

You will likely need to get credit advices for each transfer.

Thank you for the fast response.

I've never used the monthly income method but it's possible I may want to some day. Is it possible to request multiple credit advice statements?  I assume this mostly depends on the banks.  Maybe I should study a bit more before making the change.

Again thanks.

41 minutes ago, rabas said:

I've never used the monthly income method but it's possible I may want to some day. Is it possible to request multiple credit advice statements? 

At many banks you arrange for them to send you a credit advice by email for every transfer. You need to ask SCB about that.

I still have mine coming in by direct deposit to my Bangkok Bank account. After using it for several years now I am accustomed to going to the bank to move the funds to another account. I it at branch at Tesco that is seldom busy so it only take a few minutes. Then the wife and I do a little shopping.

I am using my income for my extensions and was lucky that I had the transfers already for the first extension after the income affidavits were ended.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At many banks you arrange for them to send you a credit advice by email for every transfer. You need to ask SCB about that.

I still have mine coming in by direct deposit to my Bangkok Bank account. After using it for several years now I am accustomed to going to the bank to move the funds to another account. I it at branch at Tesco that is seldom busy so it only take a few minutes. Then the wife and I do a little shopping.

I am using my income for my extensions and was lucky that I had the transfers already for the first extension after the income affidavits were ended.

So if credit advices are automated, SCB becomes easy. 

But my BB experiences are similar to yours. I go to an IT square branch, I know most the tellers and they know me. Then my wife and I go shopping with the new found funds, which can have both upsides and downsides. It's an enjoyable routine. 

• Like 2