Where can I have my iphone repaired ?

taiwanatoa

Dr MacBook does most everything apple. I just had an old iPhone 6 and a 7 get new battery and glass. Go to their web site and do a chat or send an email. They are very quick to respond.

• Like 2

thanks for the tip on drmacbook.  i broke my screen yesterday and was wondering where to go.  it looks like drmacbook is on sukhumvit soi 33 so that is convenient for me.  i thought i might try Big C on rama IV to see if any phone repair shops were open in there. 

2 minutes ago, buick said:

thanks for the tip on drmacbook.  i broke my screen yesterday and was wondering where to go.  it looks like drmacbook is on sukhumvit soi 33 so that is convenient for me.  i thought i might try Big C on rama IV to see if any phone repair shops were open in there. 

I would contact them before going as it's approx 900m hike from Phrom Phong BTS so best to check they're open. 

They can be a bit difficult to find as it's in a small business center on the lefthandside corner at the main jucntion you come to when walking down Soi33,  security guards there seem to be used to people visiting DrMacBook & will show you where you need to go. 

Highly recommended though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I would contact them before going as it's approx 900m hike from Phrom Phong BTS so best to check they're open. 

They can be a bit difficult to find as it's in a small business center on the lefthandside corner at the main jucntion you come to when walking down Soi33,  security guards there seem to be used to people visiting DrMacBook & will show you where you need to go. 

Highly recommended though...

thanks for the tips.  i looked at a map and it did look like a bit of a distance, i'll plan the trip for when the sun is only hitting one side of the soi so it doesn't turn into a survival mission.  and will confirm they are open first.  i haven't been on soi 33 in years even though i live in the area.

• Like 1

Just now, RAZZELL said:

DRMACBOOK.thumb.jpg.88c10c0b2f5b7e493d3da1fa63b34157.jpg

Call to confirm.

I'm pretty sure he was repairing a couple of Iphones & iPads when I took my macbook & would be the 1st place I would think of if getting my IPhone repaired as he really seems to know his stuff, but as you say, best to give them a quick call to confirm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I'm pretty sure he was repairing a couple of Iphones & iPads when I took my macbook & would be the 1st place I would think of if getting my IPhone repaired as he really seems to know his stuff, but as you say, best to give them a quick call to confirm. 

Got a new battery for an iphone 7 a couple of years ago.

Put new batteries in an old mac, macbook pro and macbook air.

Excellent service.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, buick said:

i have called, they are open.  repair for iphone 7 (regular, not plus) is 1,500.  repair to take one hour.  i'm headed there very soon.

They do a decent coffee and breakfast opposite ????

15 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

The repair shop is in the condo/business building immediately on the left corner at the T-junction of 33 and 31. Entrance on 31, go to the 3rd floor. Usual security check-in. 

i used an entrance on 'phrom chit alley' per google maps.  as you state, just left as you hit the T junction from soi 33.  my phone is there now.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Venom said:

Unfortunately, Apple no longer offers repairs on iphone they will only give you a discount if you trade in for a new one. So you'll have to find something on the black market. ????

It depends on what repair is required. For some repairs/replacement parts Apple does offer a repair service, that you may consider the repair cost to be too high does not negate the fact that a repair service is available from Apple and by Apple Authorized Service Providers

https://support.apple.com/th-th/iphone/repair/service

That you may be able to get a “new” phone at a vastly lower than new price is a benefit, for a broken screen or old battery it will be a repair not replacement.

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

you may consider the repair cost to be too high does not negate the fact that a repair service is available from Apple and by Apple Authorized Service Providers

Excellent point! ????

22 hours ago, buick said:

i have my phone back now.  looks great.  i did see the breakfast spot across the street that one member noted (name 'brainwake' i think).  i assume they were only open for takeout.  but that would be a good place to wait while a repair is being done during non covid times.  they did ask if i wanted to wait in the office but i live nearby so i just went home and returned a few hours later.  couple customers with macbook airs in there when i got my phone.  good to see somebody doing some business these days.

Brain Wake did offer an exceptionally good Americano. Don't know about the coffees with milk because I can't have milk. Very nice atmosphere, too. The owner spoke very good English. But that was close to three years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...