Townhouse land elevation went down is it still worth buying

Looking at a townhouse for sale interior and exterior are good but the front area went down quite a bit where you need to build new stairs in order to walk into the house. When the land goes down like this doesn't affect the structure of the house. And is this still a good value to buy or should avoid it

• Haha 2

Ah, you mean the land receded/sank? I thought you meant the value. Then I saw 'elevation' that isn't 'evaluation'. Time for some new glasses! ????????

The land at our house has sunk about 10cm in 10 years. We bought it new and it's very near a canal.

the land here does sink, but it depends on the construction quality. Have a look at the other houses and the types of people, cars etc in the village. From that, you'd get a good idea of what kind of developer built the houses and therefore to what standard. It's all dependent on the length and strength of the pile-driven supporting beams.

Good luck.

The history that my wife found from a forum was that it used to be a swamp and then they used it as a garbage dump then filled it in with the garbage and landfills then built the houses directly on top of the landfill without letting it settle. 5 years later the land went down and many of the owners complain to the company to fix it but the company said it was the end of their contract. So they took no responsibility. It is around ramintra 2 area supali company

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, steveb5 said:

The history that my wife found from a forum was that it used to be a swamp and then they used it as a garbage dump then filled it in with the garbage and landfills then built the houses directly on top of the landfill without letting it settle. 5 years later the land went down and many of the owners complain to the company to fix it but the company said it was the end of their contract. So they took no responsibility. It is around ramintra 2 area supali company

On top of landfill?  Get it checked for RADON before considering.  Personally I would walk away now.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, steveb5 said:

When the land goes down like this doesn't affect the structure of the house.

1st need more info,, how many floors, attached or detached, near any swam, farms or river. 

What I understand is at least a 2 story town house (attached). 
IMO this is the case it must be built on piles. It is very common for yard/driveway to sink down since builders don't use any pile out side footprints. If you buy it then you need to use some piles to make a new front. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, steveb5 said:

then they used it as a garbage dump then filled it in with the garbage and landfills then built the houses directly on top of the landfill without letting it settle.

I'd be concerned about methane as well as settlement/subsidence.  Why buy a potential load of hassle?  Surely there's plenty of other places on the market and if the economy keeps heading downhil, prices could drop.