1st time Thai fiancee to UK visa advice

Hello all,

I was hoping for some advice on securing my fiancee a visa to come stay with me in the UK. 

I understand the UK tourist visa is for 6 months and can be sponsered by myself.

We met in April 2020 and spent 5 months together. We also spent another 5 months together this year too. I've not long been back in the UK. I am currently working, however I've not yet got a permanent full time position with a salary that meets (£18,600). I support my partner and have evidence of this if needed. We have somewhere to live, and money for getting her here & back to Thailand. We can also prove our relationship is genuine with endless photos of our time together as well as chat logs.

My question is, what's our chance of securing a visa now? Is it worth a try? Or is it a case of we need wait until I've worked in a permanent salary position for at least 6 months?

any advice is great appreciated. Also, would an visa agency be recommended or can this be done by ourselves?  Thank you so much.

If your fiancee is applying for a visa to visit you in the UK, rather than get married there, then it's her that needs to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer, the decision maker, that her proposed trip is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilty, she will return to her home at the conclusion of her visit.

There's nothing to prevent you from financing her trip, you would need to show that it's affordable and reasonable for you to do so, there is no required level of earnings, £18,600 is for a Settlement Visa, but you must be able to show that you have sufficient to cover the cost of the trip.

The most important thing she must prove is that she's likely to return home at the conclusion of her trip, you mention that you support her, whilst that's good to show an ongoing relationship, it could cast doubt in the mind of the decision maker who might be concerned, rightly or wrongly, that she might wish to stay in the UK with her benefactor. She really needs to demonstrate her ties to her home country, evidence of residence, employment, education, really anything that means she's likely to return home.

When she submits her supporting documents, it's worth noting that sending photos is specifically excluded.

Yes a Standard Visit Visa is normally issued with a six validity, that doesn't mean that she should stay in the UK for the full validity of the visa, though it's perfectly legal to do so. When she applies for she should indicate how long she intends to stay in the UK, obviously the longer she delcares her visit would be, the more in depth the Entry Clearance Officer will look at her ties to her own country.

It really should need the services of an agent for a Standard Visit Visa for a short holiday, you don't make it very clear, and using the term fiancee is muddying the water, though some people like the experience comfort that a reputable agent might offer. If she does use an agent, use a reputable one, recent posts indicate there are some cowboys out there, happy to point you in the right direction if you care to message me.

You might find this helpful:

https://aseannow.com/topic/908930-uk-visit-visa-basics-updated-march-2020/

When my g/f , now wife, first visited UK with me, we were told specifically that visit visa did not allow us to marry while in UK.  That would require her to return to Thailand to get a marriage visa.  I cannot remember how long visa was for, but it was possible to extend visa while in UK.  At that time I was self -employed with no contracts, but had sufficient money in the bank and house in UK for us o stay.

Different times when visa was issued by Br. Embassy, not outsourced.

Words of I/O

" If you tell the truth you will get a visa if you qualify.  If you tell lies, I will find out and you will not get a visa."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robin said:

When my g/f , now wife, first visited UK with me, we were told specifically that visit visa did not allow us to marry while in UK.  That would require her to return to Thailand to get a marriage visa.  I cannot remember how long visa was for, but it was possible to extend visa while in UK.  At that time I was self -employed with no contracts, but had sufficient money in the bank and house in UK for us o stay.

Different times when visa was issued by Br. Embassy, not outsourced.

Words of I/O

" If you tell the truth you will get a visa if you qualify.  If you tell lies, I will find out and you will not get a visa."

It is possible to get a Marriage Visitors visa, which is what my then girlfriend did.  We then married in the UK and returned to live in Thailand.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It is possible to get a Marriage Visitors visa, which is what my then girlfriend did.  We then married in the UK and returned to live in Thailand.

The op is not making it very clear what sort of Entry Clearance his fiancee is seeking. As he talks about fiancee and income levels and stay with him, he could mean marriage or settlement, but he also mentions a tourist visa and getting her back to Thailand, this why I assumed it's a holiday.

Maybe he could clarify, otherwise we're going to talk at cross purposes. 

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

The op is not making it very clear what sort of Entry Clearance his fiancee is seeking. As he talks about fiancee and income levels and stay with him, he could mean marriage or settlement, but he also mentions a tourist visa and getting her back to Thailand, this why I assumed it's a holiday.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm in this case I'm talking about a visitor visa. Ideally to stay with me for 6 months, but willing to half that if it would help us get the visa granted.

It's good to see that the salary requirement is not an issue. 

Another question, if we was to try soon ourselves and get a rejection would this affect future attempts?

Thank you

On 8/14/2021 at 5:31 AM, theoldgit said:

Is there somewhere I can print off the application form for a visit visa so I know what they are going to ask for on the online application and have everything on hand before I start, thanks.

4 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Is there somewhere I can print off the application form for a visit visa so I know what they are going to ask for on the online application and have everything on hand before I start, thanks.

I don't think there is an application form online, maybe set up an account with a throwaway email address and use that account to fill out the application form, and print it off.

Even filling out the application without doing that isn't too hard, as you save the application at any time, and correct any errors. 

• Thanks 1